[EAE Add-ons] Thread Count [Deleted]

@Lawrence I have found one bug, When thread are waiting for moderator approval then deleted thread will not be updated thread count for this user.
Good day, Nirjonadda. Members only receive a credit for a thread if it is visible. If it is not visible (ie: moderated), then their thread count will not be increased. So if a moderated thread is deleted, the thread count for the owner of the thread will not be decreased. The opposite is true as well, moderated to visible will increase their thread count by one.

I just reviewed that code that handles this and it appears to work as intended.

What happened to the members thread count when their moderated thread was deleted?

Hi Lawrence I have a question I am not clear on from the screenshots. If I click on the total threads count will it bring me to a page that lists all of the threads started by that user, similar to the way all messages are listed as a search result?

Hi, @Pandemix. Clicking a members thread count will bring you to a page that lists all their threads, :)

Stay safe all,
Lawrence

Good day, Nirjonadda. Members only receive a credit for a thread if it is visible. If it is not visible (ie: moderated), then their thread count will not be increased. So if a moderated thread is deleted, the thread count for the owner of the thread will not be decreased. The opposite is true as well, moderated to visible will increase their thread count by one.

I just reviewed that code that handles this and it appears to work as intended.

What happened to the members thread count when their moderated thread was deleted?

Example: Member have Thread > 1 but created 1 more thread then waiting for moderator approval then deleted thread will be updated thread count 0 for this user. When we re-run Rebuild caches then this user thread count updated to 1

Example: Member have Thread > 1 but created 1 more thread then waiting for moderator approval then deleted thread will be updated thread count 0 for this user. When we re-run Rebuild caches then this user thread count updated to 1

Thank you @Nirjonadda for this. That is unexpected behaviour and I'll take a look at it after I get back my essentials run (mask and disinfectant wipes in hand).

Stay safe,
Lawrence

Hi, @Pandemix. Clicking a members thread count will bring you to a page that lists all their threads, :)

Great, I had a feeling it would but wanted to be certain. Happy to purchase and it plugged seamlessly into my site. (y) Also found the Quick Messages addon from your site which I will be purchasing soon.

Last edited:
@Nirjonadda I been trying to reproduce this, but no joy. I had a test user with only one thread, and I put him into a group were all his content is moderated. Posted a thread, went to moderation, his thread count stayed at 1. Approved it, thread count went to 2. Unapproved it, and his thread count went beck to 1. Then I deleted it, soft and then permanently, and his thread count stayed at 1. I also rebuilt the thread counts and his still stayed at one.

I then did the above a couple of times more with newly created threads, but changed the order of approving/deleting/unapproving, and still can not reproduce. I'll keep trying.

Thank you for purchasing, :)

Also found the Quick Messages addon from your site

This is actually one of my favorite add-ons. It's made for members that are consistently active on forums, to allow them to shoot off a message to another member without having to go through the process of creating a conversation. The messages do not stay around either (times set in the options), so they won't inflate the database.

@Nirjonadda I been trying to reproduce this, but no joy. I had a test user with only one thread, and I put him into a group were all his content is moderated. Posted a thread, went to moderation, his thread count stayed at 1. Approved it, thread count went to 2. Unapproved it, and his thread count went beck to 1. Then I deleted it, soft and then permanently, and his thread count stayed at 1. I also rebuilt the thread counts and his still stayed at one.

I then did the above a couple of times more with newly created threads, but changed the order of approving/deleting/unapproving, and still can not reproduce. I'll keep trying.

Please try to move moderated thread to other node with disabled Count messages posted in this forum toward user total.

Last edited:
@Nirjonadda I have this fixed for version 1.1.2. Also thanks to you I found a related bug: if you move an unapproved thread from a forum that does not count messages towards a members message count, to a forum that does, it would add 1 to the members thread count (and then when approved it adds 1 again), this is also fixed.

I still want to test this more before I release it, most likely tomorrow :)

Lawrence updated [EAE Add-ons] Thread Count with a new update entry:

Bug fixes

• moving a moderated thread to a forum that does not increase a members message count would result in decreasing the members thread count. Fixed
  • moving a moderated thread from a forum that does not increase a members message count to one that does would result in increasing the members thread count by 1. Fixed
Thanks to @Nirjonadda for reporting the bug and for patience while tracking it down, very much appreciated.

Read the rest of this update entry...

can i specify myself in settings which forums i want to be counted and which to exclude?
Good morning. If a message posted in a forum counts towards the user total, then threads will be counted in that forum as well. If you choose to not count messages towards user total in a specific forum, then threads will not be counted in that forum as well.

Stay safe,
Lawrence

Good morning. If a message posted in a forum counts towards the user total, then threads will be counted in that forum as well. If you choose to not count messages towards user total in a specific forum, then threads will not be counted in that forum as well.

Stay safe,
Lawrence
And i can specify this with your addon?

And i can specify this with your addon?
Counting messages towards a members total is a stock Xenforo option per forum (Forums -> Nodes -> Select a forum to edit -> Options -> Count messages posted in this forum toward user total). The add-on checks that setting to see if threads should or should not be counted for that forum.

Hope that answers your question, :)

Perhaps a stupid question, but when posting a new thread do both the Threads and Messages counters increase by +1, or just the Threads? :unsure:

I've been racking my brain, trying to decide what is more logical.. OCD perhaps? 😅 I think increasing both is probably 'correct' though.
Definitions of "Messages" and "Posts" vs. "Replies"

Top Bottom