[EAE Add-ons] Highlight Groups [Deleted]

Lawrence

Lawrence submitted a new resource:

[EAE Add-ons] Highlight Groups - Highlights members of selected user groups

This add-on displays members of selected user groups on a sidebar and on its own page under the members tab.

Options->EAE Highlight Groups:

General Options:

• select the user groups to be highlighted
  • include primary user group (for users that may not have their primary user group set to registered)

Page Options:

• set a title to over-ride the default title
  • add a description for the selected user groups (see SS)
  • turn on/off pagination

Read more about this resource...

Definitely interested in this addon. What I'm looking for is for the widget to have the ability to show only the group members that are currently online.

Definitely interested in this addon. What I'm looking for is for the widget to have the ability to show only the group members that are currently online.

I'll be changing the phrase titles to a new naming convention, and when I do I'll look at adding that option (for the widget only).

Lawrence updated [EAE Add-ons] Highlight Groups with a new update entry:

New option added plus maintenance update

New Option

- added an option for the widget to display only members of selected groups that are online
respects user online privacy setting for the user name list and avatar heap​
if 'avatar' is selected to be displayed, members that can bypass users online privacy settings will see a faded avatar for a member that is invisible (opacity set to .5)​

Maintenance Release

• changed non widget phrase title prefixes to eae_hlg_ from...

Read the rest of this update entry...

New feature

New in 1.2:

- added an option to display members of all selected highlighted groups on one page.

- added a highlight groups link to the members tab. If you do not want the link displayed, just turn if off on the adminCP->Setup->Public navigation page. Also if you want to change the link title, edit the phrase nav.eaeHighlighted: adminCP->Appearance->Phrases->Add-on (EAE Highlight Groups

View attachment 210859View attachment 210860View attachment 210861

@Lawrence Please Can you change your add-on title and Option/Widget title EAE Highlight Groups to [EAE] Highlight Groups? With a brackets [ ] then we can find out the add-on quickly, this will be suitable and User Friendly.

Last edited:
Is there a way to sort usergroups? Currently they're only sorted by alphabetical order, so for a staff list, it doesn't make sense to have someone lower in the rank hierarchy higher than everyone else.

@Lawrence Please Can you change your add-on title and Option/Widget title EAE Highlight Groups to [EAE] Highlight Groups? With a brackets [ ] then we can find out the add-on quickly, this will be suitable and User Friendly.

When you are viewing the list of add-ons in the AdminCP you would like the list to contain brackets, ie: [EAE] Highlight groups, [EAE] Conversation tools, etc.? That's no problem, and of course for widgets as well.

Is there a way to sort usergroups? Currently they're only sorted by alphabetical order, so for a staff list, it doesn't make sense to have someone lower in the rank hierarchy higher than everyone else.

Not at this time but I can add it for the next release. Actually, I want to add another field for the next release, a snippet for each user group, and to do that I'll need to re-do how the user groups check boxes are generated, so adding a display priority field with the snippet field for each selected user group shouldn't be a problem.

When you are viewing the list of add-ons in the AdminCP you would like the list to contain brackets, ie: [EAE] Highlight groups, [EAE] Conversation tools, etc.? That's no problem, and of course for widgets as well.

So you are added only for add-on title, not for option title? Also add-on title more suitable Forum Leaders Groups than Highlight groups?

ScreenShot01227.png

Last edited:
So you are added only for add-on title, not for option title?

Options, permissions, any place where the name of the add-on is displayed has the brackets, :) It's the standard I adopted (thanks to you) that I will apply to all my add-ons. I already made the changes to an add-on I am currently working on.

Also add-on title more suitable Forum Leaders Groups than Highlight groups?

The add-on was also written for admins that wanted to highlight specific groups such as sponsors, contributors, etc., where the members may not be a forum leader, or flagged as staff. With the option to replace the title (Highlight groups) with another title and with router filters, you can change the page title to, for example, Sponsors, and change the links from highlighted to sponsors (you can see the new link at the bottom left of the image):

example_case.png

Hi, I just added a sort option and a direction option in v1.3. You can now sort by user group title, user group id, and style display priority. I take it that this value will reflect the importance of a group over another. You can also set the sort direction to ascending or descending. I didn't add a per user group snippet, as I think it displays fine as it is and didn't want to change the look.

I also included an option to change the staff online link (for the members online widget).

The new version should be released tomorrow, or the next day.

Last edited:

New options added

New in v1.3:
  • added an option to allow highlighted user groups to be sorted by user group title, user group id, or by the display styling priority setting.
  • added an option to select the direction of the sort: ascending or descending.
  • added an option to replace the staff online link in the sidebar widget to point to the highlight groups page (only for those who has the permission to view the page).
View attachment 212979

Hi, I just added a sort option and a direction option in v1.3. You can now sort by user group title, user group id, and style display priority. I take it that this value will reflect the importance of a group over another. You can also set the sort direction to ascending or descending. I didn't add a per user group snippet, as I think it displays fine as it is and didn't want to change the look.

I also included an option to change the staff online link (for the members online widget).

The new version should be released tomorrow, or the next day.
Thank You! ;)

@Lawrence I have purchased this add-on but your site does not show that what add-on i am already purchased? Where the Client Area for your add-on? So you are not using Resource Manager for market place? Also one more bug, When does not have any user with this Groups then should show No users with this User Groups.

ScreenShot01262.webp

Last edited:
@Lawrence I have purchased this add-on but your site does not show that what add-on i am already purchased? Where the Client Area for your add-on? So you are not using Resource Manager for market place? Also one more bug, When does not have any user with this Groups then should show No users with this User Groups.

View attachment 213079

Hi, and thank-you for purchasing it, it is really appreciated. There is no market place at the moment. When I feel I have enough add-ons and users I will be switching from fetch-app. You should keep the emails sent from fetch-app so you can see which add-ons you did purchase, it's not ideal, but works for the time being. Also as a reminder to which ones your purchased, you will receive an email from fetch-app automatically when an add-on you purchased is updated.

As for user groups that have no members: In tab mode (when one page only option is not checked), it does show the standard 'no users match the specified criteria' message. If use only one page is elected it should show the same message, that is an oversight on my part. I do not think groups with no members should not be displayed as it shows admins that no one is in that (or those) group(s) and therefore maybe they are not needed (or, for example, go on a sponsor drive to get members for that group). For now, if you like, you can just un-select that group in the add-ons options.

What would you like to have done with empty groups, display the standard 'no users match the specified criteria', or not display the empty group?

Top Bottom