[EAE Add-ons] Conversation Tools [Deleted]

I'm sorry, I misspoke. Could this only be available to super administrators?

Also, could the BCC option be removed altogether?

Good day.

I'm sorry, I misspoke. Could this only be available to super administrators?

Groups & permissions->User group permissions->Administrative->Conversation moderator permissions->[EAE] Can view user conversations. Select No, and save. Note that you should confirm that this is set to No for the moderating group as well. You will then need to set this permission for each super admin (User permissions), but only if you want them to view conversations from the front end.

The above permission will only effect viewing user conversations from the front end. If you do not want non super administrators to view conversations from the Admin panel, then ensure this is set to un-check (which it will be unless you checked it, as only Super admins will have this permission granted to them automatically):

Groups & permissions->scroll down until you see Administrators and click it. A list of administrators will be displayed, click an administrator that you do not want access to AdminCP->Content->EAE Conversations tools menu, and un-check this permission: EAE Manage conversations, and save.

Also, could the BCC option be removed altogether?

On install the permission for Can use blind carbon copy is set to the permission setting Start conversations for the registered group. You can turn that permission off here: Groups & permissions->User group permissions->Registered->[EAE] Conversation tools permissions->Can use blind carbon copy. Select No and save, this will turn it off for everyone, :)

Last edited:
Lawrence updated [EAE Add-ons] Conversation Tools with a new update entry:

New feature added.

Added an option to prune conversations started by user. Although you can delete conversations by user with a stock XF install, this becomes impractical when a user has hundreds or even thousands of started conversations. So the option to prune by user was added. See SS's

Don't mind the number of conversations to delete in the screen shots, I went through aa lot of conversations testing this feature.

View attachment 219191View attachment 219192

Read the rest of this update entry...

I got this 3 errors with PHP 7.4.7 and XF 2.1.10

Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to access array offset on value of type null src/addons/EAEAddons/ConversationTools/Listener.php:152
Generated by: user11 Jun 12, 2020 at 10:49 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/EAEAddons/ConversationTools/Listener.php(152): XF::handlePhpError()
#1 [internal function]: EAEAddons\ConversationTools\Listener::postDispatchConversation()
#2 src/XF/Extension.php(50): call_user_func_array()
#3 src/XF/App.php(2660): XF\Extension->fire()
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Controller.php(286): XF\App->fire()
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(383): XF\Mvc\Controller->postDispatch()
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass()
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch()
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop()
#9 src/XF/App.php(2190): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#10 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run()
#11 index.php(20): XF::runApp()
#12 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(15) "/conversations/"
  ["referrer"] => string(21) "https://doma.in/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/conversations/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to access array offset on value of type null src/addons/EAEAddons/ConversationTools/Listener.php:137
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/EAEAddons/ConversationTools/Listener.php(137): XF::handlePhpError()
#1 [internal function]: EAEAddons\ConversationTools\Listener::postDispatchConversation()
#12 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to access array offset on value of type null src/addons/EAEAddons/ConversationTools/Listener.php:133
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/EAEAddons/ConversationTools/Listener.php(133): XF::handlePhpError()
#12 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I got this 3 errors with PHP 7.4.7 and XF 2.1.10

Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to access array offset on value of type null src/addons/EAEAddons/ConversationTools/Listener.php:152
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/EAEAddons/ConversationTools/Listener.php(152): XF::handlePhpError()
#12 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to access array offset on value of type null src/addons/EAEAddons/ConversationTools/Listener.php:137
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/EAEAddons/ConversationTools/Listener.php(137): XF::handlePhpError()
#12 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to access array offset on value of type null src/addons/EAEAddons/ConversationTools/Listener.php:133
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/EAEAddons/ConversationTools/Listener.php(133): XF::handlePhpError()
#12 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I was informed of this bug a few days ago, and sent that person a possible fix for it, I'm just waiting for feedback. I'll start a conversation with you to send you the file if you do not mind testing it.

Reactions: rdn

Bug fixes, changes, and new features added.

Bug fixes:
  • trying to access array offset on value of type null (Listener), that was thrown on certain circumstances.
  • fixed a template bug that would display the wrong phrase for who can be blind carbon copied.

Added features:
  • added a conversation monitor widget. This widget monitors conversations started by those who registered within X hours. Defaulted in the widget to 48 hours, but you may want to increase this. Clicking a conversation in the...

Is this compatible with 2.2? The Compatible Versions list only shows 2.1 so I want to be sure before I upgrade.

Permissions:

EAE Conversation tools permissions:

• maximum started conversations per 24 hrs (session based)
Are Admin accounts exempt from this? ie: if a new user registers and their 24hour started conversation limit is exceeded, can they they still start a conversation with the Admin?

My concern is "real" users who get caught in the 24 hour limit, and then cannot even inbox the Admin to find out why...

Good day @woody, yes it includes conversations started with admins.

My way of thinking for this: As this limit is used to help prevent conversation spamming by recent new members, I didn't see this as an issue if you set the limit to something reasonable, like maybe 3. If a new member feels the need to start more than 3 in one day, for example, and they are legitimate, then a thread would be more appropriate. Maybe I'm thinking of this in the wrong way, :)

Edit: after thinking about this, the latest version comes with a conversation monitor widget that displays on forum home's sidebar. It only monitors started conversations of newly registered members, so you can see if they are using conversations to spam/sell/promote etc. So with this tool you should now be able to set the number of conversations started in 24 hrs by new members to a higher value.

Last edited:

Compatibility update

If you have @Xon 's Conversation Essentials installed and the option Prevent conversation hard-delete checked, this update will display a reminder/warning that the option must be un-checked before conversations can be deleted or pruned.

Note, if you have Prevent conversation hard-delete option checked, you can still view pruning conversations counts. You just can not prune conversations until you physically un-check that option. This is by design to respect...

So for my users "can use blind carbon copy" is disabled through the group permission.

Yet when they go to their account preferences, it still asks if they want to receive notices/push notices for "Adds you to a conversation as a blind carbon copied recipient".

How do I make that disappear?

So for my users "can use blind carbon copy" is disabled through the group permission.

Yet when they go to their account preferences, it still asks if they want to receive notices/push notices for "Adds you to a conversation as a blind carbon copied recipient".

How do I make that disappear?

Good day. Sorry for not replying earlier than this, but I haven't been around much lately. IIRC, a user that does not have that permission can still be added as a Bcc recipient; hence why the preference setting is there. I'll take a look at your question tomorrow or Sunday.

Hey @Lawrence , I wanted to update my community up to PHP 8, but I realized that your add-on is not compatible with it yet. Will you be releasing an update for this anytime soon? Your add-on has help my moderators a great ton to ensure that community activity stays within the guidelines we've set. You have my sincerest appreciation!

Top Bottom