- Long-time PHP developer specialising in vBulletin forums
- Currently working on a drupal 5 site with the "forum module" (3 million users, 5000+ topics, 65000+ replies)
- Looking for a forum solution to migrate our forum module to for various reasons.
We have a few requirements:
- Import existing topics/comments into the new forum. Is there some importer available to import drupal 5 forum module topics into XF being released soon? We use threaded comments on drupal as it stands so we'd like to import them and maintain the same comment structure (at least until we think about changing to flat commenting).
- Use drupal for *all* user authentication. We don't want to manage two user databases, we don't want to have two different registration processes, two login forms, two user profiles etc. And obviously it'd not be ideal for us to have another 2 million row user table. We'd want user profiles to point to their drupal profile, the login form to point to drupal login, and the registration process to also go through drupal.
- Use an external header and footer provided by drupal (we're not sure how we'd do this at the moment but we certainly don't want to manage HTML in two places: drupal/XF templating system).
Obviously, I can't see the source code of XF so it's a bit difficult to judge things as it stands...