1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dragonfly

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Robbo, May 6, 2011.

1. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

So I tried dragonfly in alpha stages (I thought it was the actual full release) and was let down. I read a post on sitepoint about it being out of beta yesterday and tried it out again. Firefox sucks on linux so I am very happy that dragonfly is so good now. It beats firebug in every way imo. You should try it out if you haven't already.

2. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Seriously?

3. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

For a moment there I thought this was a topic title change to kims food thread. Dragonfly being kims old alias.

Kim and Jethro like this.
  4. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

Sarcasm?

I haven't found anything that firebug can do that dragonfly can't. And it is much nicer to use... there are a few things that firebug does that just annoy the crap out of me.

5. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

I've been using Dragonfly since they first introduced it, and the new update is much easier to use.

They did a full UI overhaul, and have improved the speed drastically on a few things, as well as having added a few new features (The new screenshot utility is useful to grabbing colors off a webpage).

Attached Files:

6. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

hahaha me too :p

Dragonfly looks good, might have to try it as I have had a lot of problems with FF and FireBug lately, just using up too much memory.

7. Shelley

I have to admit, After reading this thread I did take a peak at dragonfly and quite liked what I saw. That said, I'm used to firebug now and feel it does what I want and the memory leaks have since stopped for me after upgrading.

Edit: Bollox have the memory leaks stopped it's hitting 600kb again. I just haven't noticed because I have a new system with 8 gig of ram.

8. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Yeah this is my problem... my wizzy little 2GB is not enough to support FF/Firebug :(

9. Shelley

My old system was 1 gig ram total. I just couldn't bare it anymore and made the upgrade because whether i like it or not firefox is need for the work I do. Trust me I know how your feel Kim. :LOL: I bet you just want to rip firefox's heart out. I know I did at times. :D

10. Kier

You now replace Shelley as woman in most desperate need of a system upgrade. The new iMacs look lovely.

11. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

My netbook has more ram than that :).

12. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

That's about what my iPad has.

13. Shelley

To make you feel better kim you have much more than my other computer in the memory department. I refer to my pristine boxed zx-81 with expansion pack power deluxe computer. :LOL:

14. Kier

I shall say only this:

Screen shot 2011-05-07 at 01.16.59.png

Onimua, Jeremy, EQnoble and 2 others like this.
  15. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

Image.jpg

I still think FF is really slow :(

16. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

True I am :( Sadly not in a position to buy one right now.

Is there a new model of iMac?

17. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

18. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

We ALL do now.

19. Shelley

I'm drooling about something unrelated to ram. [​IMG]

20. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

I don't...I have more ram :)...however the 2 xeon quad cpu configuration can bring out the jealousy a wee bit

Are these new, or are have they been out for a while now? http://www.apple.com/imac/ I couldn't tell you myself..I don't own a Mac...yet :)