Dorner vs LAPD

I find it shocking the Police have so far opened fire on two civilian vehicles after mistaking them for the suspects vehicle injuring civilians in the process. Surely they should check and check again before firing their guns.

Shame how he was fired. He sounded like the perfect Police Officer. If he reported what he believed to be true why was he fired?

I find it shocking the Police have so far opened fire on two civilian vehicles after mistaking them for the suspects vehicle injuring civilians in the process. Surely they should check and check again before firing their guns.

Shame how he was fired. He sounded like the perfect Police Officer. If he reported what he believed to be true why was he fired?
He was a whistleblower. He snitched basically. Those old ladies were delivering newspapers in the morning and had their lights smoked out so it looked suspicious. The cops were on protective duty for one of the targets.

Has anyone read his manifesto? It was really well-written. I agreed with some of his points but not all.

LAPD is not the greatest PD in the world. I've lived in a dozen or so places since I've been here and I can honestly say that I've probably only met 2-3 smart/nice cops. Other than that they're too bothered to do anything. Literally grew up in a decent neighborhood and saw some guys beat the **** out of each down the street from a cop car. Rather than the cop doing anything... he drives off with his partner. THEN an ambulance comes and picks up and takes care of the bloody mess and THEN the PD shows up about 20 minutes later (not even the same dudes).

Our ambulances suck balls too. We have quite a few heart attacks and seizures going on where I work because we get a lot of older people visiting... I had called 911 for an ambulance about a month ago for a man having a seizure. It took the ambulance 30 minutes to get to us... we are less than 10 minutes (on normal drive) from 2 hospitals....

Our budgets are way cut and they people employed are just not enough...

There are so many problems, that to even start with 1 is seemingly incorrect. It is not just our system that is broken, it is society that is broke as well. And I don't know how you fix society and the system all at the same time.

Good men are no long rewarded or admired, but bad men are, we even have songs & folk stories to commemorate them. We reward their actions, we ignore their wrongs, and sometimes we even empower & elect them.

Corruption has become so much the norm that it's no longer really treated as corruption, but whistle blowers and good men at treated as bad men and the corrupted.

It's enough to drive any good soul insane.

No, I don't have answers. But I do hope Christorpher Dorner finds peace some place in this word, outside of America.

As another person said..... Why are we as a society not so worried about the police shooting at innocent people? Because it has become the norm to shoot to kill and ask questions later. It's become acceptable in the name of safety and protection to ignore due process. And that is just 1 of many, many wrongs.

There are so many problems, that to even start with 1 is seemingly incorrect. It is not just our system that is broken, it is society that is broke as well. And I don't know how you fix society and the system all at the same time.

Good men are no long rewarded or admired, but bad men are, we even have songs & folk stories to commemorate them. We reward their actions, we ignore their wrongs, and sometimes we even empower & elect them.

Corruption has become so much the norm that it's no longer really treated as corruption, but whistle blowers and good men at treated as bad men and the corrupted.

No, I don't have answers. But I do hope Christorpher Dorner finds peace some place in this word, outside of America.

As another person said..... Why are we as a society not so worried about the police shooting at innocent people? Because it has become the norm to shoot to kill and ask questions later. It's become acceptable in the name of safety and protection to ignore due process. And that is just 1 of many, many wrongs.
Shoot to kill and ask questions later is what the cops did to those paper carriers that they thought was Dorner
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/dorner-manhunt-shootings-newspaper-carriers.html
Bomb to kill and sort through the mess later is what we've been doing in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Our government is ten times worse than Christopher Dorner is on his worst day of the week.

I refuse to read his manifesto. He deserves nothing but to be remembered as a crazy cold blooded murderer.
If another cop went to your boss, told him that YOU shot another person, and you were fired. What would you do? I dunno about you, but if someone did that to me, I'd be nuts. That's basically your whole career right out of the door, man. Shooting those cops, in his mind, "doesn't matter anymore." His life, his career, his stature in the LAPD - all done. Gone. All flipped upside down. It seems to me, that those cops wrongly accused Dorner. Being fired by LAPD or NYPD for the wrong reasons is flip-worthy, we're not talking about small-time police department or small-town police department, we're talking about the top echleon in the police world.
Exactly. What gives him the right to kill people juat to "tell his story"?
So, basically, you want more dirty cops on the force? Gotcha. I got you, man. (y)

I'm not condoning killing people, so don't get me wrong. But both of you are jumping to conclusions.

When the LAPD or whoever's above them, said they'd probe why he was fired... I went like "EXACTLY what you should've done!"

If another cop went to your boss, told him that YOU shot another person, and you were fired. What would you do? I dunno about you, but if someone did that to me, I'd be nuts. That's basically your whole career right out of the door, man. Shooting those cops, in his mind, "doesn't matter anymore." His life, his career, his stature in the LAPD - all done. Gone. All flipped upside down. It seems to me, that those cops wrongly accused Dorner. Being fired by LAPD or NYPD for the wrong reasons is flip-worthy, we're not talking about small-time police department or small-town police department, we're talking about the top echleon in the police world.

So, basically, you want more dirty cops on the force? Gotcha. I got you, man. (y)

I'm not condoning killing people, so don't get me wrong. But both of you are jumping to conclusions.

When the LAPD or whoever's above them, said they'd probe why he was fired... I went like "EXACTLY what you should've done!"

Saying that you agree with what he did, nice! (y)

Oh I'd be nuts but I wouldn't kill innocent people...

And 9/11 was an inside job. o_O

He never did. He's just explaining how someone would possibly feel in the same situation. Can't see how you got that confused :)

Because by saying that "being fired by the NYPD or LAPD is flip worthy" is him condoning/justifying the mans actions.

Sure you can get angry/livid with them, but killing innocent people because of being fired, yeah no.

Top Bottom