• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Does the forum license expire? Or just support?

Okay so I guess I have to wait like 10 minutes for it to update.

Quick question -- how do I make it so certain groups are the only ones to view certain forums? I could only do it on a user by user basis.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Isn't there still peer to peer support though?
If by peer to peer you mean on the forums then yes, that will always be available due to the recent changes announced by Ashley.

I just meant official support with regards to upgrades, etc.

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Quick question -- how do I make it so certain groups are the only ones to view certain forums? I could only do it on a user by user basis.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/1-0-0-b1-understanding-permissions.5830/

Creating a private forum

Because of the way Revoke works in xenForo you shouldn't use it to restrict a private forum. Instead you should use a special feature in xenForo called Private node. You will see the Private node checkbox when editing the permissions for a specific node. This basically inverts the permissions so that you can specify Allowed groups instead of Revoked groups. This is actually better for group management if you add more groups later.

Admin CP -> Users -> Permissions -> Node Permissions -> [select a forum] -> Private node