1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does the forum license expire? Or just support?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Kevin J Cohen, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Kevin J Cohen

Kevin J Cohen Member

I just bought this license thinking it never expired, now it says it expires in 1 year. Is that just the support or is that the whole thing?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

See this thread for a full discussion: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/reactivation-fee.4639/page-19#post-91519

Essentially the license does not expire in the sense that once purchased, you can continue to use the software for as long as you want.

You just have to extend the support/upgrade annually (or whenever you wish).

The initial support period won't commence until the first stable release of the software.

3. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

DestX? :) Russ from CT glad you're on board.

4. Kevin J Cohen

Kevin J Cohen Member

Why can I only post in this forum?

5. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

You must be a XenForo customer to post in certain forums. Ensure your account is listed

6. Kevin J Cohen

Kevin J Cohen Member

I can not click that link, but I did buy XenForo

7. steven s

I know. It's a copy/paste bug. :(

xenforo.com/community/customers/forum-users

8. Kevin J Cohen

Kevin J Cohen Member

Okay so I guess I have to wait like 10 minutes for it to update.

Quick question -- how do I make it so certain groups are the only ones to view certain forums? I could only do it on a user by user basis.

9. steven s

Isn't there still peer to peer support though?

10. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If by peer to peer you mean on the forums then yes, that will always be available due to the recent changes announced by Ashley.

I just meant official support with regards to upgrades, etc.

11. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Kevin I shot you a PC back i'll help you on MSN.

12. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/1-0-0-b1-understanding-permissions.5830/