XF 1.5 Does gravatar import cost significant time for big board import?

Alpha1

When importing users you can activate the option to import avatars from Gravatar. I will not use the Gravatar service at all, but would like to import as many avatars as possible. Even from Gravatar if possible. I have some questions regarding import of gravatars when importing users:

1. What exactly does import this entail? Does the import copy over the images from Gravatar into XF or does it just link the profiles to Gravatar?
  2. If I will not use Gravatar, then does it still make sense to import from gravatar?
  3. Does the import from Gravatar cost significant time when importing hundreds of thousands of users?
  4. Is it possible to import gravatar avatars at some point in time after the initial import?
Many thanks in advance.

It looks up the emails in Gravatar and if one is found, it will give that user the Gravatar automatically (provided they don't have a custom avatar elsewhere). It doesn't import the Gravatar; it just enables it if possible. If you aren't going to enable them, it doesn't make any sense.

It will have quite a high cost as it will require making an HTTP request to Gravatar for every user before they are imported.

Hello,
I have already completed the migration and Xenforo is up and running. However until now I have not activated the Gravatar possibility
Is it possible to do exactly that:
It looks up the emails in Gravatar and if one is found, it will give that user the Gravatar automatically (provided they don't have a custom avatar elsewhere). It doesn't import the Gravatar; it just enables it if possible.
or does that requires an ADDON?
Thanks in advance.:cool:

Top Bottom