1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone know how to install SkimLinks on XF?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Rho Delta, May 17, 2012.

1. Rho Delta

Rho Delta Well-Known Member

They do not have a add on yet, and you are supposed to insert the code before </body> I think. Anyone install this on their forum?

2. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

If it's anything like Viglink you put it in the footer.

3. Rho Delta

Can I do that from the ACP or do I have to edit the file through FTP?

4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

If it needs to go before </body> the best place for it would probably be the PAGE_CONTAINER template as this is where the </body> tag lives.

There's actually a template hook, so if you wanted this to be an add on, it looks pretty straight forward. I could make that for you.

All I'd need is for you to provide the code (maybe best in a private message so as not to reveal your client ID or anything).

Then I can get the code inserted into the appropriate hook, and have an options page where you can configure your client ID. A bit like how the Google Analytics feature built in works.

5. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

From the ACP. Go to your style templates and find the footer template.

6. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

^^ This

I added mine between the final </div> and </xen:hook>

Code:
    </div>
    <xen:if is="!{$visitor.user_id}">
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://s.skimresources.com/js/DETAILS.skimlinks.js"></script>
    </xen:if>
    </xen:hook>

The Pet Board likes this.
  7. Rho Delta

what does the xen:if statement do?

8. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

9. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

TheVisitors likes this.