• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Do not quite understand moderations - specific merge options..

.. If I have to merge 2 or more threads I get the ability to leave permalink, expired permalink or leaving nothing..

But what to choose - I simply dont have a clue
- is it something about seo or google search - someone who can explain it to me, so it is understandable

Thanks

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
It's just to help your users and has nothing to do with SEO or Google search.

They might look for the old thread in a specific forum so you can leave a redirect link so they know it hasn't been deleted but just moved.

So if I leave a parma link - users will only see the thread title and if clicking redirect to the new merge thread? .. If so - If I choose instead with an expire options - will the thread then be deleted, when time comes, per auto? ..

And thanks Brogan - You are quick this evening - one
to you..

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Pretty much as you describe but just to clarify, only the redirect link will be removed when it expires, not the thread.

Nasr

So if I leave a parma link - users will only see the thread title and if clicking redirect to the new merge thread? .. If so - If I choose instead with an expire options - will the thread then be deleted, when time comes, per auto? ..

And thanks Brogan - You are quick this evening - one
to you..
When you leave a link to a moved thread, it's just that a link. It has nothing to do with the thread. so an expired link will be there for the time specified. when it expires it will not show anymore. However, the move-to thread will still be available in its respective location.