DL6 - [Widget] New Threads and Posts With Prefix Limit

DL6 - [Widget] New Threads and Posts With Prefix Limit 1.0.5

No permission to download
Be great if there was an option to not require prefixes. As far as I know, there is currently no ready-made solution for XF2 that allows for culling just new threads from across all forums/nodes. "Unanswered threads' is only good as long as, well, they're answered. ;)

@DL6 have you considered to add first post attachment or first image to be shown in widget? It would make it even more fantastic :)

Is the content of these widgets cached at all? If we had thousands of users hitting a page containing this widget that pulled threads from a forum would we have performance issues? Having the content cached for 5 minutes or so would be fine but I don't know if that's how XF widgets work automatically or if something needs adding to the widgets to achieve that?

Is the content of these widgets cached at all? If we had thousands of users hitting a page containing this widget that pulled threads from a forum would we have performance issues? Having the content cached for 5 minutes or so would be fine but I don't know if that's how XF widgets work automatically or if something needs adding to the widgets to achieve that?
The widgets have no cache, it's probably possible to add it, but I don't know how to do it, I remember reading something about it but I can not find it, I think it was in xf2demo.xenforo.com

Thanks

Searching on here the only reference I could find for caching widgets was from @Mike and I interpreted it as being that it's not straightforward to do.

I can't decide if this is an issue or not.

When clicking a thread title from the discussion list, it jumps to the last unread post.

When clicking a thread title from the widget, it doesn't do this and instead just goes to the first post.

This is confusing some of our users and I'm not sure if it'd be better for it to be consistent behaviour?

The widget uses the same behavior as the normal widget for new threads.
Do you want to change it for the expanded view?

@RobParker In wntpl_widget_new_threads_prefix_limit template find:
Code:
<a href="{{ link('threads', $thread) }}">{$thread.title}</a>
Replace:
Code:
<a href="{{ link('threads' . (($thread.isUnread()) ? '/unread' : ''), $thread) }}">{$thread.title}</a>

Using your addon removes the option of :

Expanded
An expanded view, displaying as a list of rendered first post content.

Is this intentional? I only have simple of full, not expanded.

Top Bottom