Discord [Deleted]

Thibeault

Thibeault submitted a new resource:

[XS] Discord - This add-on allows you to follow the activity of your forum through Discord.

[XS] Discord is a bridge between the activity on your forum and Discord, you can receive new threads and new posts through a configurable user on your admin panel.

So in a few clicks you can set up this add-on and receive the activity of your members on a common channel very easy. :D

Features:
  • Receive new posts,
  • Receive new threads,
  • Change the name of the user (BOT) who posts the activity of your forum,...

Read more about this resource...

Hello @Thibeault this looks great. :)

Does this generate a thread preview/excerpt below the notification too? For example if you copy and paste a link to a XF thread in Discord it inserts a preview of the thread below.

Hello @Thibeault this looks great. :)

Does this generate a thread preview/excerpt below the notification too? For example if you copy and paste a link to a XF thread in Discord it inserts a preview of the thread below.
Hello Optic, thank's you for your purchase. :love:

About the preview I can't change this because it happens on Discord directly. :p

How did you get [title](link) to work? That doesn't work on my server...
As you know with this format: [title](link), i get the link with the XenForo_Link class and buildPublicLink function ('{url}' => XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('canonical:threads', $thread)). (y)

@Thibeault heya, I figure this must a bug, every time I select only Threads, and I re-open the forum configuration the one selected is Posts instead.

Also, not possible to set a different message for thread / post?

Sorry, I patched the issue on the 1.0.1.
Well the boxes are fixed, but the function isn't. With Threads alone selected, one update to Discord is sent if one post is made in one thread at the specific forum. It should update in a new thread instead.

Well the boxes are fixed, but the function isn't. With Threads alone selected, one update to Discord is sent if one post is made in one thread at the specific forum. It should update in a new thread instead.
Fixed, please re-download the add-on update and upload only the FTP part (Unnecessary for XML), my mistake when i released the update. ;)

As you know with this format: [title](link), i get the link with the XenForo_Link class and buildPublicLink function ('{url}' => XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('canonical:threads', $thread)). (y)

I dont understand this bit ? I know what it is @Jaxel is asking, but your reply I dont understand how I would use that to make the thread title become the URL

As it turns out, the [title](link) markdown ONLY works when posting from bots; you can't do it as a regular user... and even with that, it doesn't work when viewing from the Android app.

I dont understand this bit ? I know what it is @Jaxel is asking, but your reply I dont understand how I would use that to make the thread title become the URL
On my add-on you must configure the option of the BOT message respecting the markdown format, so: [{title}]({url}) . :)

As it turns out, the [title](link) markdown ONLY works when posting from bots; you can't do it as a regular user... and even with that, it doesn't work when viewing from the Android app.
I use BOT, it's for that :p

@Thibeault I am facing some weird bug with this, on some specific nodes it is sending a new threat notification twice (with thread only).

It is also just posted to Discord as a New Thread, a closed thread from 2014 that has not been updated. O.o

@Thibeault I am facing some weird bug with this, on some specific nodes it is sending a new threat notification twice (with thread only).

It is also just posted to Discord as a New Thread, a closed thread from 2014 that has not been updated. o_O
A another user reported a issue with likes, it's fixed please update the add-on with 1.0.2 version. :)

Top Bottom