XF 1.3 Disable XF default Tagging

Cambion

So I use BD tag me....Simply because the default XF tagging lacks the usergroup tag.

However, there has been times where I and some users do not get tags. It makes me wonder...is it possible the add-on and the built-in feature are affecting one another?

I mean why would i sometimes not get a noti for a tag?

Where exactly can you find the option to turn off XF's default and just use the BD tag me solely?

The maximum number of members which can be tagged is a permission setting.
If you set it to 0, no-one will receive an alert.
There is no option to totally disable the tagging functionality (the auto complete and dropdown).

I couldn't comment on how the add-on works, you will need to ask in the add-on thread.

The Tag Me add-on uses the core XenForo tagging system, it just builds on it by adding group tagging plus email alerts for tags.

Any alerts not being received will be for the reason that @Brogan gave. Either the maximum number of members being tagged permission is set to 0 (no-one will get an alert) or set to a number lower than how many are being tagged. So if it is set to 5 and 10 people are tagged, only 5 will get an alert.

The Tag Me add-on uses the core XenForo tagging system, it just builds on it by adding group tagging plus email alerts for tags.

Any alerts not being received will be for the reason that @Brogan gave. Either the maximum number of members being tagged permission is set to 0 (no-one will get an alert) or set to a number lower than how many are being tagged. So if it is set to 5 and 10 people are tagged, only 5 will get an alert.
Ah well thank you.
I checked and it is set to unlimited.

*shrug*
It seems to rarely happen though, so i am not too worried. Thank you :)

In case you are not aware, you won't receive alerts for quoted posts with a tag in them (as you should have received an alert for the original post). You also won't get alerts for a post that is made then edited afterwards to add the tag.

In case you are not aware, you won't receive alerts for quoted posts with a tag in them (as you should have received an alert for the original post). You also won't get alerts for a post that is made then edited afterwards to add the tag.

I think the second part about edited posts may be what happened.
(I notice sometimes i forget to add the tag when i am typing fast and that when i go back to edit it in, it doens't alert....which is kinda lame) :(

Top Bottom