[DigitalPoint] App for Cloudflare®

[DigitalPoint] App for Cloudflare® 1.8.2

No permission to download
digitalpoint updated [DigitalPoint] App for Cloudflare® with a new update entry:

Code unification and feature parity with WordPress version

• Selecting Global API keys are disabled (can't setup new ones going forward). Includes deprecation notice (going away completely in the future, so migrate to API tokens if you are still using Global API keys!).
  • Unify primary classes so they can be shared without changes with WordPress version of this addon
  • If you don't already have a Cloudflare API token, the link to create one will pre-define the required permissions for you (way less annoying for new users)...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This is a fantastic addon. Thank you so much. But I have some troubles with the Contact form in the footer. If I click on it, nothing happens. If I open it is a separate window/tab, it says "about:blank#blocked" in the URL field. Do you know how to fix?

@digitalpoint You've mentioned a few times times, something to the effect of: images in R2 are severed through Xenforo permissions system. Or at least thats how I'm taking it. Once set up, will images have URLS to pointing at the forum's local directory or to the R2 directory? From the SEO perspective I'm curious what happens to all the images that appear in a google search. Will they still resolve? Will new images show up with R2 urls?

Attachments are served through XenForo permission system, same as it is by default (you don’t access attachments with a direct URL). Attachment URLs don’t change. Files in your data folder go to a new subdomain. If you want to redirect old URLs in your data folder to the new location in the subdomain you use, you could if you care about that.

Thank you so much for the high-quality addon. It's definitely worthy of being a paid addon.

Thank you for contributing to the community.

I have a question:

I'm currently running an Almalinux 8 server with cPanel installed and I've installed Xenforo on it. If I install this addon, will my SSL still renew every 3 months through cPanel?

I’ve never used cPanel and no idea what Almalinux is. That being said, I can’t imagine how a XenForo addon would affect anything in cPanel. Unless cPanel is doing something crazy like looking for specific XenForo addons installed and then doing something based on that. If cPanel is renewing an SSL certificate for you, I don’t see why that would change regardless of what XenForo addon you have installed.

I’ve never used cPanel and no idea what Almalinux is. That being said, I can’t imagine how a XenForo addon would affect anything in cPanel. Unless cPanel is doing something crazy like looking for specific XenForo addons installed and then doing something based on that. If cPanel is renewing an SSL certificate for you, I don’t see why that would change regardless of what XenForo addon you have installed.
Gotcha.

I used rclode to copy the /data and /internal-data/attachments folders. (I don't have a internal-data/xfmg) and my avatars work, but attachments do not. Having some issues trouble shooting .... When I installed the module, I created an API Token and my forum can see my Cloudflare settings. When I set up the R2 API Tokens, it disables my API token. So I can use the admin panel -or- CLI for rclone, but if I need to switch back to one or the other I have to roll the token I need to get back into. Did I do something wrong?

I read.. x pages back that you thought about writing in a feature that if a file doesn't exist in R2, but does on the local disk that your mod would copy it and make adjustments from there. I get why you skipped it back then, would be awesome for those of us that run the module that grabs externally linked images and pulls them to the local filesystem. Would love for that check->copy feature in this situation.... or at least if this mod could do the same with externally linked images.

Last edited:
Gotcha.

I used rclode to copy the /data and /internal-data/attachments folders. (I don't have a internal-data/xfmg) and my avatars work, but attachments do not. Having some issues trouble shooting .... When I installed the module, I created an API Token and my forum can see my Cloudflare settings. When I set up the R2 API Tokens, it disables my API token. So I can use the admin panel -or- CLI for rclone, but if I need to switch back to one or the other I have to roll the token I need to get back into. Did I do something wrong?
Not sure what you are doing when you say you setup an R2 API token. I suspect you might be reading something unrelated to this addon and maybe outsmarted yourself there. ;) There is only 1 token for this addon. There is no "R2 token" (not sure where you would try to put a secondary R2 token, but there is no place for it because it's not a thing). Again... one (single) token for this addon with the permissions it tells you in the options. Anything beyond that or extra tokens that disable your primary one, and you are doing something unrelated to this addon somehow. Maybe delete all the tokens you made if the first one you made got disabled somehow? Hard to say because I'm not sure what you are doing here.

Your API tokens for Cloudflare will look like this:

1680319304237.webp

You can have other API tokens in your Cloudflare account, but anything else will have nothing to do with this addon (like if you are doing other unrelated things with the API you might have others).

I know I'm repeating myself here, but anything you are reading or finding instructions for that isn't coming from this addon have nothing to do with this addon. This addon uses one API token, ever.

Anyway, back to your original issue... make sure you have a single token (that isn't disabled). And if you copied existing data manually to your buckets, make sure the data structure looks correct. See this post: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/digitalpoint-app-for-cloudflare®.206176/post-1605618

I read.. x pages back that you thought about writing in a feature that if a file doesn't exist in R2, but does on the local disk that your mod would copy it and make adjustments from there. I get why you skipped it back then, would be awesome for those of us that run the module that grabs externally linked images and pulls them to the local filesystem. Would love for that check->copy feature in this situation.... or at least if this mod could do the same with externally linked images.
If you are talking about XenForo's image cache, while there isn't a UI for it, you could do it with config.php changes. It's just not the default way of doing it because it's not a great idea to have a cache store in a remote data center. Like imagine if your browser cache was stored in a remote data center (your browser would be terribly slow).

See this post: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/digitalpoint-app-for-cloudflare®.206176/post-1612043

When you SSH into your box and want to use rclone you have to create R2 specific API tokens with a Access Key ID & Secret Access Key that need to be stored in rclone's config file so it can talk to R2. Doing that, kills the API key the forum add-on uses. I'm betting it's a Cloudflare thing and was hoping you knew of some steps to prevent that.

And if you copied existing data manually to your buckets, make sure the data structure looks correct. See this post: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/digitalpoint-app-for-cloudflare®.206176/post-1605618
I see the issue thanks to that link. When I use rclone to copy /data to my R2 bucket it literally recreates the /data directory with all subdirectories and files in them. I need the subdirectories appended to the filename for this to work.

What rclone copy command are people using to make do that?

If you are talking about XenForo's image cache
No, I'm talking about converting all hot linked images to attachments. There are a few add-ons that do that. It's nice to know that a image in a thread will not go away because the remote file is missing for whatever reason.

Super appreciate the quick replies BTW, thats awesome.

Last edited:
When you SSH into your box and want to use rclone you have to create R2 specific API tokens with a Access Key ID & Secret Access Key that need to be stored in rclone's config file so it can talk to R2. Doing that, kills the API key the forum add-on uses.

I see the issue thanks to that link. When I use rclone to copy /data to my R2 bucket it literally recreates the /data directory with all subdirectories and files in them. I need the subdirectories appended to the filename for this to work.
Hmmm… maybe a Cloudflare bug? You create a second API key and it deletes your first one?

What rclone copy are people using to make do that?

No, I'm talking about converting all hot linked images to attachments. There are a few add-ons that do that. It's nice to know that a image in a thread will not go away because the remote file is missing for whatever reason.

Super appreciate the quick replies BTW, thats awesome.
As long as an addon is using XenForo’s abstracted file system (and hopefully it does because if it’s not, it doing it wrong) it should work fine with R2.

Who is using "bot fight mode" and what's your experience and opinion on it? I'm concerned something good is going to get blocked which may outweigh something bad. Convince me to turn it on or keep it off please :)

Who is using "bot fight mode" and what's your experience and opinion on it? I'm concerned something good is going to get blocked which may outweigh something bad. Convince me to turn it on or keep it off please :)
I used to run it and then read that people were complaining about it blocking Googlebot. I think Cloudflare is smart enough to whitelist Googlebot's IPs though. But I have it disabled for now since I used @digitalpoint easy config button, and it was disabled. I figured he knows more than me about this stuff. But maybe @digitalpoint will comment on it?

A good rule of thumb is only enable it if you need it. If you don’t know if you need it, you don’t need it.

I was reviewing google webmaster tools, now at search.google.com and noticed errors from my sitemap.php I submitted.

This is not a valid URL. Please correct it and resubmit.
Examples
URL:
//data.rvforums.com/xfmg/album_thumbnail/0/1-da4987a1ed204c9cf5c84a7f313cd611.jpg?1573783608
Line 14829
Parent tag:
Tag:
loc

Maybe the external provider URL should be fully qualified with a https: on the front of it? Is this causing problems with sitemaps?

It is fully qualified in the latest version. You can make your existing external URL include the protocol by editing it under options.

Top Bottom