Digital Point Social Bar [Deleted]

digitalpoint

digitalpoint submitted a new resource:

Digital Point Social Bar - Lightweight and consistent social buttons

Benefits
  • Placement Consistency - social buttons are in same place on all pages
  • Lightweight - needs a single 2KB HTTP request to render, vs. 20 HTTP requests totaling 116KB for the default social buttons
  • Retina Ready - logos are SVG and can scale infinitely
  • CSS Animations - all animations used are CSS based to make use of hardware acceleration
  • Counter Consistency - share counters work properly on pages with extra data in the URL (for example on page 2 of a thread)...

Read more about this resource...

Can I also just say what a pain in the ass it was to break this out of our internal framework and make it an installable thing? lol

For example before it didn't have the ability to pick Twitter Lists from a drop-down in settings (they were just hard coded)... This whole making things "user friendly" is time consuming. lol

Can I also just say what a pain in the ass it was to break this out of our internal framework and make it an installable thing? lol

For example before it didn't have the ability to pick Twitter Lists from a drop-down in settings (they were just hard coded)... This whole making things "user friendly" is time consuming. lol
But you do it anyway because you love us :D

Shawn, thanks for the releasing this; I just picked up a branding free copy. :)

Is it safe to assume from the screen shots that "Premium Members" is a list that you manually maintain on your Twitter account?

Is it safe to assume from the screen shots that "Premium Members" is a list that you manually maintain on your Twitter account?
It's automatically maintained by our Premium Members addon (basically adds users and removes them as needed... the addon does a lot of other stuff that is specific to just our site as well), but yes... there is a private Twitter List on my account for premium members that is used for this.

But having two copyright location?
Bottom of the icons and right side area?
It's a bit of a weird situation. This addon utilizes our social buttons system, which is actually something independent (like you can use it on any site): https://tools.digitalpoint.com/social-buttons the link for that only shows on mouseover of the buttons.

The copyright from the addon itself is the one on the right.

There isn't a way to suppress the link for the social buttons thing because it's 100% JavaScript based and really there is no way for it to know if it's there because someone put it there themselves or because of this addon.

If someone wanted to edit the social_bar template to utilize the normal default social buttons (and not use our social buttons) just for the benefit of the rotating Twitter List feeds, of course they could and the link to the social buttons thing wouldn't appear when hovering over them. In fact, that's exactly how we used to do it on our site.

upload_2014-5-28_13-0-24.webp

Digital Point Social Bar requires a valid caching mechanism defined within your XenForo config.php.
Ive always relied on internal caching built into the software.. could/would someone point me in the right direction regarding caching server side relating to the requirement of this addon ?

Yeah... if you want to use file system as your cache (the simplest way), this is what you would use:
PHP:
$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
$config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';
$config['cache']['frontendOptions']['cache_id_prefix'] = 'xf_';
$config['cache']['backend'] = 'File';

You can also use memory-based systems like memcached, APC, XCache, etc. as your backend if you have them available on your server.

Yeah... if you want to use file system as your cache (the simplest way), this is what you would use:
PHP:
$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
$config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';
$config['cache']['frontendOptions']['cache_id_prefix'] = 'xf_';
$config['cache']['backend'] = 'File';

So just enter that in my config & I'm good?

I also just bought branding removal. I've been waiting for this for a while now, and I'm really happy that you released it :D

?

Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: syntax error, unexpected '[' -library/DigitalPointSocialBar/Callback/SocialBar.php:14
Generated By: Unknown Account, pred 1 minuto
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

?

Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: syntax error, unexpected '[' -library/DigitalPointSocialBar/Callback/SocialBar.php:14
Generated By: Unknown Account, pred 1 minuto
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
What version of PHP are you using?

Top Bottom