Dice

Dice 1.0.2

No permission to download
It's ok. Sorry but thought it right to point it out. If it was single it would be "die". Plural is "dice". Stupid English ;)

Sorry but thought it right to point it out.
Yes, absolutely. Don't hesitate, it's useful.
If it was single it would be "die"
That what I read after you mentioned it. Actually, I've never used or heard the singular of this word in English. "Die" is quite surprising. It's rare but this time French is easier: "un dé / des dés".
Oh and for those who knows a little German, this word in Chinese is quite easy to remember: "shaizi" (sorry for those who would have understood).

@cclaerhout I'm hoping to have a pull request for this to add support for rolz.org style dice rolls within the next few weeks. It's got a bunch of different 'style' of dice rolls.

Additionally I'm planning to add support for grouping titles, and perhaps multiple dice groups in a single post.

Then I can write a migration script for this addon and migrate to your free one.

@Xon
I didn't know there was another addon. Its code architecture looks more advanced than this one, put aside the dice shapes that are only there for cosmetic reasons. Any pull requests are welcome or feel free to release another version, that would be easier for you to manage the new releases. This Bb Code was coded because it was the easiest way to show how can be used the precache function and I can reuse its code for one private addon.

Quoting a post that has the dice bbcode in it makes the post completely blank and spams the admin cp with server errors.

Quoting a post that has the dice bbcode in it makes the post completely blank and spams the admin cp with server errors.
Guess what, for debugging these errors are needed ;) I can't reproduce the problem on my local website. If you quote a message with this Bb Code, the dice results won't be from the post quoted but will be linked to the current message. I will see if I can do something about it, but that's not my priority.

Guess what, for debugging these errors are needed ;) I can't reproduce the problem on my local website. If you quote a message with this Bb Code, the dice results won't be from the post quoted but will be linked to the current message. I will see if I can do something about it, but that's not my priority.
Getting plenty server errors so I can help you out with that.

Code:
Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: BB code to string error:Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '241799' for key 'PRIMARY' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: ligeration, 9 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `bb...', Array)
#3 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1624): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('bbm_dices', Array)
#4 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1613): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert()
#5 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1405): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#6 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/Sedo/Dices/Listener.php(137): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#7 [internal function]: Sedo_Dices_Listener::bbmDices('d20', Array, 'bbm_dices', false, Array, Object(WidgetFramework_XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base), 'bbm_dices')
#8 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(73): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#9 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/BBM/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(604): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('bbm_callback_te...', Array, 'bbm_dices')
#10 [internal function]: BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Base->TemplateMethodRenderer(Array, Array, Object(WidgetFramework_XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base))
#11 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(740): call_user_func(Array, Array, Array, Object(WidgetFramework_XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base))
#12 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/BBM/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(775): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderValidTag(Array, Array, Array)
#13 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/BBM/BbCode/Formatter/Extensions/PreCacheBase.php(95): BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderValidTag(Array, Array, Array)
#14 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(647): BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Extensions_PreCacheBase->renderValidTag(Array, Array, Array)
#15 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(560): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTag(Array, Array, 0)
#16 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(541): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTreeElement(Array, Array, 0)
#17 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/BBM/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(1393): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderSubTree(Array, Array)
#18 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(521): BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderSubTree(Array, Array)
#19 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/BBM/BbCode/Formatter/Extensions/PreCacheBase.php(80): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTree(Array, Array)
#20 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/BbCode/Parser.php(505): BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Extensions_PreCacheBase->renderTree(Array, Array)
#21 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/BbCode/TextWrapper.php(119): XenForo_BbCode_Parser->render('[dices]d20[/dic...', Array)
#22 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code(1601): XenForo_BbCode_TextWrapper->__toString()
#23 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265): eval()
#24 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(191): XenForo_Template_Abstract->_renderInternal('$__output = '';...', Array)
#25 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#26 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(123): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#27 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(618): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#28 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#29 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#30 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(74) "http://www.redlightponyville.com/forums/threads/dice-have-been-added.5459/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Code:
Error Info
XenForo_Exception: BB code to string error:Value is not unserializable - library/XenForo/DataWriter.php:799
Generated By: derpyhooves, 8 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(721): XenForo_DataWriter->_castValueToType('serialized', 'no', 'code', Array)
#1 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(643): XenForo_DataWriter->_isFieldValueValid('code', Array, 'no', Array)
#2 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(995): XenForo_DataWriter->set('code', 'no', '', NULL)
#3 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/Sedo/Dices/Listener.php(136): XenForo_DataWriter->bulkSet(Array)
#4 [internal function]: Sedo_Dices_Listener::bbmDices('1xd1000', Array, 'bbm_dices', false, Array, Object(WidgetFramework_XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base), 'bbm_dices')
#5 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(73): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#6 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/BBM/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(604): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('bbm_callback_te...', Array, 'bbm_dices')
#7 [internal function]: BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Base->TemplateMethodRenderer(Array, Array, Object(WidgetFramework_XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base))
#8 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(740): call_user_func(Array, Array, Array, Object(WidgetFramework_XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base))
#9 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/BBM/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(775): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderValidTag(Array, Array, Array)
#10 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/BBM/BbCode/Formatter/Extensions/PreCacheBase.php(95): BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderValidTag(Array, Array, Array)
#11 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(647): BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Extensions_PreCacheBase->renderValidTag(Array, Array, Array)
#12 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(560): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTag(Array, Array, 0)
#13 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(541): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTreeElement(Array, Array, 0)
#14 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/BBM/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(1393): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderSubTree(Array, Array)
#15 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(521): BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderSubTree(Array, Array)
#16 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/BBM/BbCode/Formatter/Extensions/PreCacheBase.php(80): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTree(Array, Array)
#17 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/BbCode/Parser.php(505): BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Extensions_PreCacheBase->renderTree(Array, Array)
#18 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/BbCode/TextWrapper.php(119): XenForo_BbCode_Parser->render('[dices]1xd1000[...', Array)
#19 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code(1601): XenForo_BbCode_TextWrapper->__toString()
#20 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265): eval()
#21 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(191): XenForo_Template_Abstract->_renderInternal('$__output = '';...', Array)
#22 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#23 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(123): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#24 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(618): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#25 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#26 /home/redligh1/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#27 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(70) "http://redlightponyville.com/forums/threads/dice-have-been-added.5459/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Other weird things have been adding as posts with dice in them being blank for people (even words that were written in the post don't show up) without them being quoted, and dice results moving posts if another person rolls dice in the same thread
Example:

What one user sees:
AoMe6QH.png

cwViRO1.png

What another user sees:
51GtTSJ.png

@derpyhooves,
I can reproduce the serialize related problem, I will have a look during the next days. It's certainly related to blank dice value. For your other problems, I can't reproduce them yet.

Top Bottom