Development Docs

ABSAhmad

Hello,

I am considering to launch a site using xenforo.
I'll need a few custom plugins to my specific needs, I have the knowledge to code them myself but would like to know if there is any documentation for devolopers?
Just need to estimate my time on how long I'd need to get everything done.

Thanks in advance!

There is, unfortunately, no documentation for developers. That being said, there is a very helpful community here to help and plenty of guides and tutorials on how to do things. I started my PHP journey at XenForo using the guides, etc, and I'm now relatively good at PHP and have made more advanced pieces of software (outside of XenForo).

Getting started with XenForo development is definitely not a chore, even though there is no official documentation.

This is from a member's POV.

There will be a bit of a learning curve which is lessened if you're familiar with object oriented code and MVC design principles.

The code is well documented throughout. There are some guides from fellow developers and a few official tutorials but not everything is documented.

Once you have a license, you can post here for development support: https://xenforo.com/community/forums/xenforo-development-discussions.34/

Top Bottom