1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Design Doc for Mod/Plugin - Need Quote

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by waxxie, May 10, 2012.

1. waxxie

waxxie New Member

2. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

It is worth noting that XenForo has most of that pre-built within its self. And the remaining there are already free modifications (and some paid) that will do this all for you.

As for custom skins, you'll need to be a customer before anyone will do the work for you.

3. waxxie

waxxie New Member

thanks for the reply. You mention that most of those features are pre-built in and yet I see none of that in the community site with my account.
    as for the plugins, can you provide links and do they all work with the current xen release?
    I'm trying to see if I can get all the features I want in a product before I buy it, this only makes sense.
    I've already been burned with a few products not living up to expectations and do not wish to repeat the financial burn.

4. Adam Howard

Points = http://xenforo.com/community/help/trophies

Of course you can pre-set what you desire in your own community (and how they are obtain).

Bookmarks... Called, follow or watched http://xenforo.com/community/threads/design-doc-for-mod-plugin-need-quote.31448/watch-confirm

A lot of the things you have listed are already here... You just need to look some more. The link I gave (bookmarks / follow / watch) you is easily located in the top right (of this thread).

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/

^ A full list (search able too) of all modifications

Demo the core product here
    http://xenforo.com/demo/

5. waxxie

waxxie New Member

for trophies, this can be customized based on various criteria?

6. Mythotical

Mythotical Well-Known Member

Yes there is a very wide range of options to use for meeting criteria for a trophy to be awarded.

7. waxxie

waxxie New Member

ok thanks for the demo link, I see the trophy thing now
    wow this is cool

I wish there was a shop module that I need though.
    I do see the MyShop one but its only for images

8. Naatan

Naatan Well-Known Member

Yes

Attached Files:

9. Mythotical

I've replied to your PC, explains further what I am doing in v2.0.0

10. waxxie

waxxie New Member

is the source fairly easy to understand in order to develop these modifications/plugins?

11. Mythotical

At first for the beginner it is confusing and hard to understand but because of guides on this site and jumping right in to me now it is easy to understand.

12. Naatan

Naatan Well-Known Member

If you've worked with Zend Framework before it's actually incredibly easy to get into. The only thing is there is very little documentation so you'll have to dig around a bit to find out how XenForo does certain things.

13. waxxie

waxxie New Member

Ok I'm sold
    I'll buy xen and your shop plugin

thanks for the help everyone
    (y)

TheVisitors likes this.
  14. Mythotical

That is true, but my statement stands as I had never worked with Zend Framework. Thanks for pointing that little detail I missed.

15. Naatan

Naatan Well-Known Member

I just noted it in case the OP has experience with ZF, didn't mean to sound cocky or anything.

EQnoble likes this.
  16. Mythotical

Oh no, I didn't take it like that. I truly meant thanks, I didn't even think to point out if someone has experience it is easy.

EQnoble likes this.
  17. Naatan

Naatan Well-Known Member

Ah alright, I'll get back to fixing my sarcasm detector then (y)

EQnoble likes this.
  18. Mythotical

LOL I kinda suck at showing true thanks through words. Not enough smilies for me to use.

EQnoble and Naatan like this.
  19. Adam Howard

And as you can note in the conversations above... Members here are not only friendly and helpful, but have a general respect for one another.

Someone of a perk when buying into a product.

Naatan and Mythotical like this.
  20. Mythotical

Thanks for that. :ROFLMAO:

Naatan and TheVisitors like this.