XF 2.2 Deleting Posts After First Causes Thread Deletion?

Steve Freides

I have flagged 7 posts on Page 5 of a thread, but when I select Delete Posts then click Go, it tells me a thread will be deleted and that is not my intention. Please explain.

Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 8.42.19 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 8.44.07 AM.png

Could i be a thread type that has the first post on top of every page and that you try to delete that on page 5? Otherwise I havn't seen anything like this.

Could i be a thread type that has the first post on top of every page and that you try to delete that on page 5? Otherwise I havn't seen anything like this.
Our thread types have changed since we started using XF in 2015. If such a thread type exists, I'm not aware of it and I'm pretty sure we aren't using it.

Thanks for your reply.

-S-

I am pretty sure that is not expected behavior, and I can't reproduce it here.

It is expected behavior if one of the posts to be deleted is the first post in the thread (and I can reproduce your problem that way).

Are you sure you did not accidentally select the first post in the thread? Try "deselect all" and then select the posts you want to be deleted and try again.

Are you sure you did not accidentally select the first post in the thread? Try "deselect all" and then select the posts you want to be deleted and try again.
I tried it several times over the course of several different days, and each time I redid it, I started by selecting zero, then adding the posts I wanted to, and each time, I got the same behavior.

I neglected, unfortunately, to make note of which thread on my forum it was, but I could certainly try it again and see if I can reproduce it. I absolutely could reproduce it with that thread.

It's not a thing I do very often.

-S-

Our thread types have changed since we started using XF in 2015. If such a thread type exists, I'm not aware of it and I'm pretty sure we aren't using it.

Thanks for your reply.

-S-
This thread is an example of that type of thread, but it has to few answers to see it.
Here is one with more answers:

But I am sure you know if you have implemented these thread or forum types so it is probably something else.

Top Bottom