Dedicated Server for my Project!

gmaister22

Hello guys and gals!

I would like to ask for any recommendations about a cheap dedicated server!
My project is a forum about computers; including software, coding and hardware!

Also looking for people that willing to help me by joining the Stuff Team!

What could staff be on a forum? Moderators and Global Moderators so far i guess .. :)

Tho i find limestone kinda expensive for a start :S

Hello guys and gals!

I would like to ask for any recommendations about a cheap dedicated server!
My project is a forum about computers; including software, coding and hardware!

Also looking for people that willing to help me by joining the Stuff Team!
Is there a reason you need a dedicated server?
You can start with shared, then move to a VPS and eventually dedicated.

Yeah, shared would be dramatically slow i have had bad experience with shared host changing many providers.
Dedicated would be the best i think, so my visitors will be able to access the website really fast...

Yeah, shared would be dramatically show i have had bad experience with shared host changing many providers.
Dedicated would be the best i think, so my visitors will be able to access the website really fast...
I can understand that Shared is really slow...but for a new site a dedicated server is quite a bit overkill. If not shared, I would at least do a VPS, not dedicated.

I do dedicated and VPS servers. Do you really need a dedicated though? Why not go with VPS, which has a faster set up time, and can be expanded to what you need?

You're not going to get dedicated for that cheap. But I can tell you you CAN get a VPS that cheap and it'll suit all your needs adequately.

If a shared account is slow it's because it's being oversold.
I have one site on a shared server and it's fine.
Dedicated doesn't necessarily mean fast if you don't have decent specs.

Really? Then by all means get it. But it's my experience that dedicated = $$. VPS is at least affordable and faaaaaast!
You get what you pay for.
My dedicated is $170.00, fully managed.
Opteron 165 Dual Core @1.8GHz with 4GB RAM, 1x237g boot drive 1x488g backup drive.

I believe it is a little too simplistic to say shared is ___, vps is ___, and dedicated is ___. There is a lot more too it, except for the basic obvious stuff such as root & ssh access.

Usually the people behind the service is one of the key components.

I believe it is a little too simplistic to say shared is ___, vps is ___, and dedicated is ___. There is a lot more too it, except for the basic obvious stuff such as root & ssh access.

Usually the people behind the service is one of the key components.

A-bloody-men!

I'm using a place called URLJet and even though they are a bit pricier than I'd have liked, their customer service is AWESOME!

Top Bottom