Dead Link Management [Deleted]

What about the comment someone left, that when you uninstall this plugin it leave your forum in a big mess? I don't want to risk my forum for $20, so please guarantee me that if I uninstall nothing will happen?

the BBCode [DLMURL] was chosen by me because it can be easily removed - changed in the actual.
This requires no extra tool! ONLY phpMyAdmin is needed

Run this Querys:
Code:
UPDATE `xf_post` SET `message` = replace(message, '[DLMURL=', '[URL=') WHERE `message` LIKE '%DLMURL%';
UPDATE `xf_post` SET `message` = replace(message, '[DLMURL]', '[URL]') WHERE `message` LIKE '%DLMURL%';
UPDATE `xf_post` SET `message` = replace(message, '[/DLMURL]', '[/URL]') WHERE `message` LIKE '%DLMURL%';

That was it!
Before each change to the DB is always a backup to make! Should be clear!

if y use this option "Cache BB Code output" u must clear this table "xf_bb_code_parse_cache"

I placed my order, waiting for the add-on to be send to me.. I really hope that all developers will start writing on their pages that this isn't a instant download.. it's very anoying to wait for all of you to come online to send it when you already charged my PP account!

Looking forward to get my main isses the Dead Links sorted out with the help of this tool!

Just checked its site for getting branding removal and it has been hacked:
https://xenmade.com/
View attachment 140561
Don't know how long it's been down.
Any update @au lait
Good luck!

Wow that is disturbing. Any idea how or what version he was running?

I'm on vacation! I will correct as soon as I'm home again. The last patch was not installed, since I've been on holiday!

PARDON!

Holy moly batman!

Remove links to that site for now then! That's not good!
I'm wondering if it's okay to have the branding but without a link going to that website. I couldn't find time to keep checking it is been administered well every couple of weeks to make sure I'm not linking to some spammy site.

This working okay with 1.5.10a?
Yes, absolutly.
Holy moly batman!

Remove links to that site for now then! That's not good!
I'm wondering if it's okay to have the branding but without a link going to that website. I couldn't find time to keep checking it is been administered well every couple of weeks to make sure I'm not linking to some spammy site.
Many sites are at a time hacked, you will not realy say that your site will be realy immun to get hacked? :LOL::ROFLMAO::censored::sneaky:
That was solved within one day, weeks ago and the "hack" was only a displayed message.

You can pay to remove the branding and, its only a link and not more.
So cool down please. :rolleyes:

The site as also the addons are supported, so its no reason to delete anything. :cool:

Yes, absolutly.

Many sites are at a time hacked, you will not realy say that your site will be realy immun to get hacked? :LOL::ROFLMAO::censored::sneaky:
That was solved within one day, weeks ago and the "hack" was only a displayed message.

You can pay to remove the branding and, its only a link and not more.
So cool down please. :rolleyes:

The site as also the addons are supported, so its no reason to delete anything. :cool:
Touch wood it's not happened yet. Dozens of forums over a decade old and never had one actually hacked. Had some VB forums exploited but it was largely automated from poor plugins. VBSEO being one of them at one point!

And this has what to do with xenmade? The hack was only a screen hack for a realy short time and it was the first and actually only one, weeks ago since the site exist.

You can easy ask the developer for branding removal and than just remove the in your eyes horrible link ;). Who the problem?
Much bigger sites are one or more times hacked, such as Sony, Yahoo, MS, ... that yours not, is a sign that they are not interesting enough for hackers. :p :D ;)

The developer also says, why his site is hacked. So for me is all sayed.

And this has what to do with xenmade? The hack was only a screen hack for a realy short time and it was the first and actually only one, weeks ago since the site exist.

You can easy ask the developer for branding removal and than just remove the in your eyes horrible link ;). Who the problem?
Much bigger sites are one or more times hacked, such as Sony, Yahoo, MS, ... that yours not, is a sign that they are not interesting enough for hackers. :p :D ;)

The developer also says, why his site is hacked. So for me is all sayed.
Wind your neck in. I wouldn't touch an add-on that's linking to a site that's been hacked. So for me, this thread is being unwatched and unfollowed.

All the best with your incredibly interesting site (with no activity lol)

had the exact same **** going on when I had this paid plugin installed... you can see a few threads here on this forum where I seek help.

Be carefull when you buy plugins from unknown developers.. this could have costed my business while this guy is counting my money!

Have you tried to contact the developer over his own site? Realy no answer?

On all questions you ask, the developer has answered you here as I can see.
And the developer is realy not unkonwn, he is since years activ. First with vBulletin and later than and now with xenforo. He has a own site and he has a adress.
And yes - not all developer are from UK or USA, and so i comes that not all speek or write a perfect english. I think your german is not so good as the english from this german developer - so please be fair. ;)

Last edited:
Its supported as I know and it works for me in my Xenforo 1.5.11 Forums. So, yes and yes.

Top Bottom