[DBTech] DragonByte Tweet Poster

[DBTech] DragonByte Tweet Poster 1.4.0

No permission to download
Wishlist if you're ever interested in releasing a "Pro" version:

Support multiple twitter accounts (i.e. Set up different feeds so posts from forum 1 appear on twitter account 1, posts from forum 2 appear on twitter account 2, etc).
Support thread prefixes (i.e. tweet all threads with defined prefix in forum)

If these never happen then this is already a really useful addon but I'm a bit shocked at how bad XF2's social media integration is and this addon certainly fills one of those gaps (and could easily be a paid addon).

@DragonByte Tech Getting Server error log.

Code:
Exception: [TweetPoster] Error posting tweet: Over capacity src/addons/DBTech/TweetPoster/Twitter/Twitter.php:509

Generated by: Bergamo Apr 21, 2018 at 12:10 AM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/DBTech/TweetPoster/Twitter/Twitter.php(1019): DBTech\TweetPoster\Twitter\Twitter->doCall('statuses/update...', Array, true, 'POST')
#1 src/addons/DBTech/TweetPoster/XF/Service/Thread/Creator.php(82): DBTech\TweetPoster\Twitter\Twitter->statusesUpdate('Chloe Sims see ...')
#2 src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php(40): DBTech\TweetPoster\XF\Service\Thread\Creator->_save()
#3 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php(734): XF\Service\Thread\Creator->save()
#4 src/addons/Snog/ForceSecure/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php(17): XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionPostThread(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): Snog\ForceSecure\XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionPostThread(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Forum', 'PostThread', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'forums', Object(SV\RedisCache\XF\Pub\Controller\Forum), NULL)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#8 src/XF/App.php(1891): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#9 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#10 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#11 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(42) "/forums/international-stars.57/post-thread"
  ["referrer"] => string(64) "/forums/international-stars.57/post-thread"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(10) {
    ["title"] => string(27) "Chloe Sims"
    ["message_html"] => string(72) "<p>[img]/images/2018/04/21/CSETP_001.jpg[/img]</p>"
    ["tags"] => string(0) ""
    ["watch_thread"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfSet"] => array(1) {
      ["watch_thread"] => string(1) "1"
    }
    ["poll"] => array(5) {
      ["question"] => string(0) ""
      ["new_responses"] => array(1) {
        [0] => string(0) ""
      }
      ["max_votes_type"] => string(6) "single"
      ["change_vote"] => string(1) "1"
      ["view_results_unvoted"] => string(1) "1"
    }
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(42) "/forums/international-stars.57/post-thread"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

@DragonByte Tech Please can you add support send attached images to tweets from thread?
There are no plans to add anything like that, as that is not functionality we need @ our site, sorry.

Generally speaking, if we release a free mod, chances are it's not going to be expanded with major features. Major features take up development time, of which there's a limited amount - time that could be spent working on paid mods :)

Free mods are generally released as-is, with bugfix updates being the main source of updates.

Also, feature requests posted here @ XF.com will get lost over time so if it's not a very small thing it's probably best to post @ our site and make sure to like the first post of other suggestions :)

Fillip

Does anyone know if there is a way to stop the image from appearing from the URL? Mine looks horrible. Love the add-on, though.

@DragonByte Tech , do you have a similar addon for Facebook? I know that IPS allows an admin to set up an app to have specific permissions so that you can auto promote content directly to your FB Page/Group.

@DragonByte Tech , do you have a similar addon for Facebook? I know that IPS allows an admin to set up an app to have specific permissions so that you can auto promote content directly to your FB Page/Group.
Unfortunately not, as we have set Twitter to auto-post to FB so we have no need for a separate FB mod for this.

Fillip

Unfortunately not, as we have set Twitter to auto-post to FB so we have no need for a separate FB mod for this.

Fillip
Thanks for the fast reply. Does it allow you to set which page to post to? Or is it set up so that you can click on a button to "promote" it to your page?

Thanks for the fast reply. Does it allow you to set which page to post to? Or is it set up so that you can click on a button to "promote" it to your page?
I don't remember, as this was configured around 5 years ago or something to that effect. I do know that it posts to our company page, and we do not have to make any manual promotions to get Twitter to post to FB.

Fillip

Maybe a very stupid question but how do I download this? I don't see a download button on your site? Do I need approving or something first? (I already confirmed my email).

Edit: nevermind

Maybe a very stupid question but how do I download this? I don't see a download button on your site? Do I need approving or something first? (I already confirmed my email).

Edit: nevermind
Just to clarify in case anyone else has the same question: To make updates easier (both here and @ our site), free products will need to be added to a user's account same way paid products do. Obviously the checkout process won't actually take any money from anyone if the entire shopping cart is free* :P

* This is actually new to our XF2 eCommerce too, where even if the cost of the cart was reduced to 0, it would still take $0.01 so that the process would go through PayPal. A rather silly concept, but I've learned a lot since then :D

Fillip

It seems a somewhat complicated procedure to be honest.

I think one that confused me was this page:

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 19.17.56.webp

Nothing there said "buy". I didn't immediately associate "Receive updates for Lifetime" to mean that I was buying/adding the license. Maybe it's far more obvious for a paid license.

Even after adding it to the cart and checking out, there were still several pages until I could get to the download (which again, is a tiny link and not immediately obvious).

Any reason this would suddenly stop working? It was working fine but now isn't doing anything. No errors or anything though.

Any reason this would suddenly stop working? It was working fine but now isn't doing anything. No errors or anything though.
Does Twitter's developer console have any form of error log? I wouldn't know.

Also, check to make sure you haven't enabled this mod in all forums. If you did, you will probably have been rate limited by Twitter.

Fillip

I figured out what was happening, I just don't know why.

The forum we're tweeting has the posts moderated for approval.

If a mod posts a thread it automatically gets tweeted.

If a user posts a thread, it goes into the approval queue and once it's approved it doesn't get tweeted.

Does that make sense?

I figured out what was happening, I just don't know why.

The forum we're tweeting has the posts moderated for approval.

If a mod posts a thread it automatically gets tweeted.

If a user posts a thread, it goes into the approval queue and once it's approved it doesn't get tweeted.

Does that make sense?
Yeah, this mod isn't set up to handle that. It integrates with the thread posting service (the internal XF code that posts a new thread every time anyone starts a thread via the UI) and then checks if the thread is visible. If it isn't, it isn't tweeted.

The reason why I do it this way instead of in another way where I could easily handle approval queue as well is that that would not work with threads posted via an RSS feed.

I made a judgment call that it would be better to support RSS threads than account for moderated threads. This is only intended to be used in news forums where only trusted staff (or RSS bots) can post.

Fillip

Top Bottom