• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.1 DataWriter

Adam Howard

So I did my upgrade 2 days ago and everything seems fine. Although I did check the logs today and noticed these 2 entries and I believe they're around the time I did the upgrade.

• PHP Warning: Unterminated comment starting line 1611 in /library/XenForo/DataWriter.php on line 1611
  • PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'oolean' (T_STRING), expecting function (T_FUNCTION) in /library/XenForo/DataWriter.php on line 1619
Looking at the code I see only notes

(Lines 1610 through 1620 ... ie 1 line before and 1 line after)

PHP:
    /**
    * Sets the auto-increment value to the auto increment field, if there is one.
    * If the ID passed in is 0, nothing will be updated.
    * @param integer Auto-increment value from 0.
    * @param string Name of the table set the auto increment field in
    * @param bool Update all tables with cross referenced auto increment fields
    * @return boolean True on update
    */
The error seems to hit 1611 and 1619. This is the only time I've noticed these in the logs.

Thoughts?

Adam Howard

Sounds like something tried to execute with that file half uploaded
That's what I was thinking..... Although I'm unsure if this is a bug during upgrade or an add-on during the upgrade.

I think in the future I will take an old practice of disabling my add-ons during the upgrade process. I know everyone says its not needed with XenForo, but I think it maybe smarter to do.