Database Transfer Question

BlackCobra

Hey, I've got a basic question, I've NEVER done a database transfer before and I plan on moving from MyBB to Xenforo, would it be possible to just go from MyBB to phpBB then Xenforo since MyBB isn't directly compatible? Or if I HAVE to go through vBulletin, is it alright to use a nulled copy for the database conversion?

Hey, I've got a basic question, I've NEVER done a database transfer before and I plan on moving from MyBB to Xenforo, would it be possible to just go from MyBB to phpBB then Xenforo since MyBB isn't directly compatible? Or if I HAVE to go through vBulletin, is it alright to use a nulled copy for the database conversion?

Alternatively look at hiring Jake Bunce or SchmitzIT to do it for you.

Yes, you can use phpBB.

It's never acceptable to use software you have illegally downloaded or acquired.
I'm aware of this, I was just asking because there are some people that say to go through vBulletin and I come to the question, why pay $140 if you're just going to pay another $165 to get software you won't use other than to convert your database? But thanks for the answer.

Alternatively look at hiring Jake Bunce or SchmitzIT to do it for you.
Do you know how much either of them would charge in a estimate?

I'm aware of this, I was just asking because there are some people that say to go through vBulletin and I come to the question, why pay $140 if you're just going to pay another $165 to get software you won't use other than to convert your database? But thanks for the answer.

Do you know how much either of them would charge in a estimate?

Depends on the size of your forum and the work required.

Best bet is to give them a PC.

Top Bottom