Database Error

SandyF

So, we completed our move to the new host today and it seemed like the database had transfered intact, but I'm getting this error now on the forum:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Table 'xf_session' doesn't exist
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/Session.php at line 364
  6. XenForo_Session->save() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 391
  7. XenForo_Controller->updateSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 355
  8. XenForo_Controller->postDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 317
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/piloni5/public_html/xfforums/index.php at line 15

Here is the URL http://www.pilonidal.org/xfforums/index.php

I've tried running a repair on the database through my cpanel. I don't see a table in mysql for xf_session (see tables for session activity and session admin.) Did something not transfer correctly?

Help?

Looks like it didn't backup properly. Although, if you merged the databases, there shouldn't be this problem as it wouldn't have dropped the table. Try exporting the current database, then do a complete reinstall (full installation of XenForo) and merged the two databases again. That should fix the database issue.

Problem is that I can't get to the old control panel now that I've moved the DNS since my only working link uses the domain. (The whole thing is massively f'd up, which is why I'm abandoning my host.)

If I run the full reinstall am I going to have to reset all the changes I've made to the forum? We've done graphics changes and permissions, etc... Could I run the reinstall, then re-import the old database into the newly created database? After that, FTP up all the old files?

Permissions will be there when you reapply the new database.
When you do the reinstallation, it's similar to an upgrade, so only the default skin will be affected. The only difference is, it's going to wipe the database out, and start new.
After it's set up, you can then merge/import your database (upload the *.sql file) and that should fix the database problem.

I managed to solve it! Through a very long and convoluted story, I have two cpanels for this site on my former host. I was able to get into the older cpanel with the database from 3 weeks ago, find the missing table, export it out and reimport it back into the database on the new host.

Whew.

Happy worky again.

Thank you!

Top Bottom