Dark Style without template changes?

lightbox

Hi gang,

I'm having a hard time to create a dark style with "Style Properties" only, without template changes.
The re-use of color palette presets in the templates makes it impossible, I fear.

I would really appreciate if Mike/Kier could maintain an additional "Default Dark Style" so they see where problems arise when you want to keep your website dark while the templates should stay clean.

Cheers,
Martin

What do you mean by template changes exactly?

The only thing which affects the colours is the css and this can be changed using the color palette, Style Properties or even using EXTRA.css to override individual elements or attributes.

Can you provide an example of a template edit which would be required for a dark style?

Just as an example, look for ".node .nodeLastPost" in node_list.css, where the background graphic is "hard-coded" into the css ... using a file name that suggests "light". What, if I don't want a background-graphic? What if I want a dark one?

Anyway, what I want to say with this thread is, that the current system strongly believes (through naming conventions) that styles have to be light. As soon as you try to design a dark style, the style property names or the graphic file names will make things pretty weird.

It would help the dev team to maintain an additional dark style to better understand and avoid such confusion.

Also think about newbies who would be happy to get a dark style to start with, without the need to go through the hell of changing pretty much everything and still getting problems in multiple places. Mike and Kier are way to much "pros" in the Xenforo system to always think of those poor people who need to learn everything from the very beginning. :)

Cheers,
Martin

Top Bottom