Danish translation of xenforo

MHA

Hello out there.

I'm about to start my first forum, and is out looking for the best software. Pretty much i'm down to xenforo and ipboard.

So here is my question is there a translation out there so everything will be in danish for xenforo?

Really? No help here to find. I wont buy xenforo before I know there is a translation/language pack out there.

Hello MHA,

Unfortunately I have been unable to find a Danish translation of XenForo.

Have you considered translating it yourself?

Although this might seem like a daunting task, the process is relatively straight forward. It is obviously a lengthy process (there are around 4500 phrases to translate) but if your preferred forum software is XenForo then it might be worth the extra work.

You could then even release it in the Resource Manager for other Danish customers to enjoy.

Also, sorry for the delayed response... responses are usually quicker... :)

Hello MHA,

Unfortunately I have been unable to find a Danish translation of XenForo.

Have you considered translating it yourself?

Although this might seem like a daunting task, the process is relatively straight forward. It is obviously a lengthy process (there are around 4500 phrases to translate) but if your preferred forum software is XenForo then it might be worth the extra work.

You could then even release it in the Resource Manager for other Danish customers to enjoy.

Also, sorry for the delayed response... responses are usually quicker... :)

Thanks for the replay. I'm considering doing it myself then if it's not more then 4000 words. How is the process?

Thanks for the replay. I'm considering doing it myself then if it's not more then 4000 words. How is the process?

Very simple,

You would create a new language (2 clicks) and it would populate it with all the current English translations.

You would then need to go through each phase and update the text to the Danish version. This litterally is, Select Phrase, Replace english text with Danish, hit save.

First you create a new language in the Admin CP.

You specify the text direction (Left to Right / Right to Left), date format, time format, locale etc. and this creates a new language. All of the phrases will be in English, of course.

You then go to the Search Phrases page in the Admin CP and select "Untranslated".
2vxsg.png

This returns all phrases that still have the default values:
0mhyA.png

You then go through each one, one by one. You leave the phrase name as it is, and just change the Phrase Text:
i1r1J.png

Eventually when you're done, you will export the language as an XML file.

That can then be imported easily, e.g. if you make it available for download.

EDIT: Good ninja'ing Slav.

Hello out there.

I'm about to start my first forum, and is out looking for the best software. Pretty much i'm down to xenforo and ipboard.

So here is my question is there a translation out there so everything will be in danish for xenforo?
If I am not mistaken, there is a Norwegian and Swedish translation you can start off of, but my guess it would be just as much work as doing the entire thing your self.

I first have time to start the translation last week, but i'm doing it. I think i'll be finish next week and the translation is gonna be 100% complete. Not half done, or something like that.

I would love a Danish translation too =) I actually started a while ago ... but with the pregnancy and now the baby I have to admit I never got to the finish *ashame*:(

;)

Hope that someone had translated that to danish, i have only translated 2 of 68 sites of the language on my site and dont have all the time it takes ti do that and want to go live now :D

how long are people in the translation ? im still on to it but it takes ages... and i want to go live with my site now :D

Top Bottom