• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[damncomputer] Status in posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

This is a very simple mod (and my very first one so go easy guys lol)

Adds the post authors status underneith their avatar in each post as per screenshot.

To unstall, upload everything in the upload directory and install the add-on contained in the zip file.

UPDATE 1.01:
  • Added setting into options page to change the prefix "STATUS:" to whatever you wish (Thankyou to Lawrance's addon tutorial for help on this)
  • Now removes the prefix when there is no status present to tidy it up.
UPDATE 1.0.2
  • Template and CSS now setup rather than being hard coded in PHP files
  • Prefix moved above the text to separate from the status itself
  • Truncated to a single line, showing only on hover
UPDATE 1.0.3

• Updated for xenforo 1.1 to show in correct locations when custom profile fields are showing
The status shows in the post as below before hovering over

sshot3.webp

after hovering it shows like this :)
sshot4.webp

Attachments

how does 140 characters look though?

This is a good question ... Will add one and see :D. I was actually thinking of placing the text above each message in its own box but couldnt see a template hook to place it there. Will be playing around with this and creating new versions to make it better as this is a very very basic starter just to prove more to myself than anyone else that I can start somewhere :)

How add status in the sign? :)

You mean change the word status? This is currently hard coded, however I am looking to put this in as an admin setting in the next version along with the choice of placement.

Now updated to 1.0.1

UPDATE 1.01:

• Added setting into options page to change the prefix "STATUS:" to whatever you wish (Thankyou to Lawrance's addon tutorial for help on this)
  • Now removes the prefix when there is no status present to tidy it up.

how does 140 characters look though?

I have added a screenshot above showing 140 characters

How add status in the sign? :)

This has now been added as a setting in admin panel

Have you considered a marquee to keep the status limited to one line? I suppose it could work...

Have you considered a marquee to keep the status limited to one line? I suppose it could work...
I did, however thought a marquee on every post within a topic might become a tad annoying to look at. May add it as an option in the future though.

Or considering XF comes with jQuery out of the box, you could apply the scrolling when hovering over the status and use text-overflow: ellipsis; to denote that there's extra characters (thus enticing the hover).

Or considering XF comes with jQuery out of the box, you could apply the scrolling when hovering over the status and use text-overflow: ellipsis; to denote that there's extra characters (thus enticing the hover).

Ooooo .. shiny :) ... Might have a play with that at some point then

Then I'll do a tooltip :) lol
yaayyy!
yay.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom