[cXF] Conversation Button

[cXF] Conversation Button 1.3.1

No permission to download

BassMan

BassMan submitted a new resource:

[cXF] Conversation Button - Add conversation button or icon in message user block.

Description:
Some administrators want to highlight the talk button in order to make it easier to contact the user, so this add-on will add a button or conversation icon to the message block user.

Features
  • add conversation button below user details in the message block
  • add conversation icon beside username in the message block
  • style properties for conversation button and icon (text, background, ...)
  • style properties for conversation button and icon on...

Read more about this resource...

Not sure exactly if this is what you want, but you can add this code to your extra.less template:
CSS:
a.cxf-button.button--link {
    height: 21px;
    line-height: 8px;
}

Maybe increase the user info block width or change phrase for e.g. contact to reduce the button width.

Great addon. One suggestion, add a 2nd option to use the thread URL as the conversation title. It makes it very easy to find what thread the user is talking about.

This is very helpful, thanks!

Could you please add an option to quote the original post in the message? This is helpful not only to show the original message, but also because quoting it will provide a link to the post.

i'm still using 1.1.0 of this addon (and xf 2.0.12) and i've noticed that the button under avatars in threads have disappeared. i've tried rebuilding the app, checked the style settings, and nothing has changed. im not sure what i should check next? the button is missing on the xf default style as well (i'm using UI.X Dark 2).

Maybe some other add-on is interfering with it. Check template modifications for this add-on if all numbers are green (or click on numbers and see if they apply for default style). It's working normal on my forums, so not sure what it could be.

Maybe some other add-on is interfering with it. Check template modifications for this add-on if all numbers are green (or click on numbers and see if they apply for default style). It's working normal on my forums, so not sure what it could be.

hmmm i have an error that says:

message_macrosUI.X Dark 2Compiler error (may be from another template modification)

and

message_macrosMaster styleOK1

is there a way to 'rebuild' the template to see if that error repeats?

EDIT: i notice that three other addons have the same error in the same template:

@au lait's User Thread Counter (STUTC2)
@Snog's Country Flags by IP Address
and @Xon's Content Ratings

the CXF conversation button only re-appears when disabling Xon's content ratings addon.

Last edited:
Then I guess it's interfering with Content ratings on your forum. I also have Content Ratings on one of my forums and it works ok with it.

If possible, PM me admin access (create new account etc.) so I can take a look.

But before this, maybe you can try yourself to enable debug mode and change the Execution order to number 9 for Conversation button template edits that don't apply.

Then I guess it's interfering with Content ratings on your forum. I also have Content Ratings on one of my forums and it works ok with it.

If possible, PM me admin access (create new account etc.) so I can take a look.

But before this, maybe you can try yourself to enable debug mode and change the Execution order to number 9 for Conversation button template edits that don't apply.

i don't know much about template modifications, but I'm working it out with Xon right now, so I'll post an update here when we get that figured out.

Hi @BassMan

Wondered if (like some others have mentioned) it would be possible to add the option of quoting the text in that post to the conversation please?
Also, would it be possible to, rather than use an icon/button under the postbit, would it be possible to include a line at the bottom of the message itself (much like this old xf1 add-on : https://xenforo.com/community/resources/start-conversation-from-post-ajax.1767/ )

Thanks
Paul

Hi @Paul ,

sorry for late reply. Been busy setting up a new XF board...

I'll check it out when I find some more time. Hopefully still this weekend.

@BassMan
Not sure if this is related to the addon specifically or something else going on on my end, but I'm seeing a lot of these errors on XF 2.1:

• ErrorException: Template error: Template public:cxf_conversation_button.less is unknown
  • src/XF/Template/Templater.php:618

• Generated by: Unknown account
  • 6 Apr 2019 at 8:45 PM
Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Template public...', '/home/...', 618, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(618): trigger_error('Template public...', 512)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(566): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateData('public', 'cxf_conversatio...')
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1300): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateCode('public', 'cxf_conversatio...')
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1374): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('cxf_conversatio...', Array)
#5 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s0/public/extra.less.php(8): XF\Template\Templater->includeTemplate('public:cxf_conv...', Array)
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1301): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(KL\UserImprovements\Template\Templater), Array)
#7 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(323): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('extra.less', Array, false)
#8 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(250): XF\CssRenderer->renderTemplate('public:extra.le...', NULL)
#9 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(116): XF\CssRenderer->renderTemplates(Array, Array, Array)
#10 src/XF/CssWriter.php(53): XF\CssRenderer->render(Array)
#11 css.php(30): XF\CssWriter->run(Array, 0, 1, 'adea730d8357392...')
#12 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
["url"] => string(167) "/css.php?css=admin%3Aaddon_list.less%2Cadmin%3Astats.less%2Cpublic%3Achartist.css%2Cpublic%3Aextra.less&s=0&l=1&d=1554579916&k=adea730d8357392c8facf6757c0e0aa7f8dbdcea"
["referrer"] => string(31) "https:/.../admin.php"
["_GET"] => array(5) {
["css"] => string(76) "admin:addon_list.less,admin:stats.less,public:chartist.css,public:extra.less"
["s"] => string(1) "0"
["l"] => string(1) "1"
["d"] => string(10) "1554579916"
["k"] => string(40) "adea730d8357392c8facf6757c0e0aa7f8dbdcea"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Top Bottom