Customize the "Sign Up" button area.

Pro

Looking to customize the "Sign Up" area to be more attractive.

signup.webp

I love what the admin of PetForum.co.uk did (he's a member of this site). Greg I think it is.. I contacted him a few times, but never got a response.

petforum.webp

So I was hoping someone could tell me the easiest way to edit the area.. I tried messing around in the template for a while, but just couldn't seem to figure it out.

I think this makes all the difference to new registrations.

EDIT: Whoops, found this after about the 8th page in search.. Sorry.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/add-a-welcome-message-above-sign-up-button.8451/

template: sidebar_visitor_panel

Include here
Code:
<div class="section loginButton">
    <div class="secondaryContent">
        <label for="LoginControl" id="SignupButton"><a href="{xen:link login}" class="inner">{xen:if $xenOptions.registrationSetup.enabled, {xen:phrase sign_up_now}, {xen:phrase log_in}}</a></label>
    </div>
</div>
the text you want;)

how to make it exactly as petforum.co.uk has it? So that there are 2 buttons - one button to go to the registration-page directly and another button going to a defined thread or page ?

Thanks!

how to make it exactly as petforum.co.uk has it? So that there are 2 buttons - one button to go to the registration-page directly and another button going to a defined thread or page ?

Thanks!

That's what I want to know. I assume you can just get rid of the sign up button and add in two of your own images, but not sure.

I added buttons to a custom sidebar block and I think it may be what you're looking for (find the SignupButton part in the template):
Code:
<xen:edithint template="sidebar.css" />

<xen:if hascontent="true">
    <!-- block: sidebar_online_staff -->
    <div class="section staffOnline avatarList">
            <h3>{xen:phrase staff_online_now}</h3>
            <ul>
                <xen:contentcheck>
                    <xen:foreach loop="$onlineUsers.records" value="$user">
                        <xen:if is="{$user.is_moderator} OR {$user.is_admin}">
                            <li>
                                <xen:avatar user="$user" size="s" img="true" />
                                <xen:username user="$user" rich="true" />
                                <div class="userTitle">{xen:helper userTitle, $user}</div>
                            </li>
                        </xen:if>
                    </xen:foreach>
                </xen:contentcheck>
            </ul>
        </div>
    </div>
    <!-- end block: sidebar_online_staff -->

<!-- block: sidebar_online_staff -->
    <div class="section staffOnline avatarList">
            <h3>DJs On Duty</h3>
            <ul>
                        <xen:if is="{xen:helper ismemberof, $user, 3} OR {xen:helper ismemberof, $user, 5}">
                            <xen:if is="{$user.user_id}!=17">
                                <li>
                                    <xen:avatar user="$user" size="s" img="true" />
                                    <xen:username user="$user" rich="true" />
                                        <div class="userTitle"><a href="http://twitter.com/{xen:helper twitter, $user}">@{xen:helper twitter, $user}</a></div>
                                </li>
            </ul>
<div align="center" style="min-height:35px">
        <label for="LoginControl" id="SignupButton" style="float:left; margin:0"><a href="http://thevoiceradio.xenxero.com/" target="_blank" class="inner">{xen:phrase kurt_listen}</a></label><label for="LoginControl" id="SignupButton" style="float:right; margin:0"><a href="https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=%40voicerequests+I+want+to+hear+&#91;SONG&#93;+by+&#91;ARTIST&#93;%21&original_referer=http://www.voiceradio.us/" class="inner">{xen:phrase kurt_request}</a></label>
</div>
        </div>
    </div>
    <!-- end block: sidebar_online_staff -->

<!-- block: sidebar_online_users -->
<div class="section membersOnline userList">
        <h3><a href="{xen:link online}" title="{xen:phrase see_all_online_users}">{xen:phrase members_online_now}</a></h3>

<xen:if is="{$onlineUsers.records}">

<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
                <h4 class="minorHeading"><a href="{xen:link account/following}">{xen:phrase people_you_follow}:</a></h4>
                <ul class="followedOnline">
                            <xen:if is="{$user.followed}">
                                <li title="{$user.username}" class="Tooltip"><xen:avatar user="$user" size="s" img="true" class="_plainImage" /></li>
                </ul>
                <h4 class="minorHeading"><a href="{xen:link members}">{xen:phrase members}:</a></h4>

<ol class="listInline">
                <xen:foreach loop="$onlineUsers.records" value="$user" i="$i">
                    <xen:if is="{$i} <= {$onlineUsers.limit}">
                        <li>
                        <xen:if is="{$user.user_id}">
                            <xen:avatar user="$user" size="s" class="Tooltip" data-offsetX="7" data-offsetY="-30" img="true" title="{$user.username}" />
                        <xen:else />
                            {xen:phrase guest}<xen:if is="{$i} < {$onlineUsers.limit}">,</xen:if>
                        </li>
                <xen:if is="{$onlineUsers.recordsUnseen}">
                    <li class="moreLink">... <a href="{xen:link online}" title="{xen:phrase see_all_visitors}">{xen:phrase and_x_more, 'count={xen:number $onlineUsers.recordsUnseen}'}</a></li>
            </ol>

<div class="footnote">
            {xen:phrase online_now_x_members_y_guests_z, 'total={xen:number $onlineUsers.total}', 'members={xen:number $onlineUsers.members}', 'guests={xen:number $onlineUsers.guests}'}
        </div>
    </div>
</div>
<!-- end block: sidebar_online_users -->

I'm off to class, but let me know if you need more information and I'll be back to respond in a couple hours. :) My site is here if you want to take a look--the buttons are in the DJs on Duty block.

:eek: What's messed up about them? Could you post a screenshot and/or let me know which browser you're using?

Looks like you got it, though. (y)
I don't see any DJ's on Duty so I can't take a screenshot, but i'll keep checking the site so I can show you. Using firefox, haven't checked in chrome.. but will try that as well.

Very nice design though btw, it is very clean and to the point. Actually has me wanting to listen in haha.. and no other radio sites do that to me.

Top Bottom