CustomImgCaptcha: Spam Combat 2.4.1

CustomImgCaptcha: Spam Combat 2.4.1 2.4.1

No permission to download
Since XF 1.4+ comes with FoolBotHoneyPot I had to disable the official add-on. Custom IMG Captcha still works fine, my only problem right now is that the statistics for each image say FoolBotHoneyPot needs to be installed to record logs.

Been loving this addon but it fails when people have an IPv6 IP address.
They get the error message: "Please enter a value using 30 characters or fewer.", even when they enter the Captcha answer correctly.

This is only happening on people with IPv6 email addresses. Eg: 1234:e:d100:a2:fd89:489:754d:123

..... really just haven't had time sorry, will try to take a look a next opportunity, but full time working at the moment

If it is just a database issue, log in to phpmyadmin and change the size of
`sf_stopbotters` :: `ip_address`
to 45 and update the maxlenght in the datawriter:

Tac_CustomImgCaptcha_DataWriter_StopBotters

I don't have time to try this, and re-package , re-release today, sorry

I'm unclear on what the requirements are for the custom images. How big should they be? Where should they be uploaded? What format? Apologies if I missed all of this in the instructions. I didn't see any discussion of these things.

And what happens if you don't use custom images? Does the add-on fail?

I'm unclear on what the requirements are for the custom images. How big should they be? Where should they be uploaded? What format? Apologies if I missed all of this in the instructions. I didn't see any discussion of these things.

And what happens if you don't use custom images? Does the add-on fail?

It has images included.. and the images are stored in the DB. You upload the image you want from the ACP settings of it, and then it will place it in the DB for it if I remember correctly.

This is quite funny
https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/6055/cb-hangs-on-xenforo

Poor poor ickle GSA bots crashing on image captcha, they wont get pass it if you customise your image anyway!

Put words in the image to solve the picture question, but don't make it hard for humans, there is no need!

don't use answers that are easy to brute force guess (red, blue, 1, yoursitename, male, femail, yes, no)

... If every forum does this, there isn't a mechanism out there that gets around it

Customise!

Neural networks are great if you have vast amounts of data to train with, but not so good at solving various different types of problems, especially if it's never been trained against it, all within an image where there is only one sample (your own custom picture)

We all have phones with cameras, there is no excuse for not adding your very own images

This mechanism will hold up for a long time, while all others fail around it

<= put in core damn it, this is a good customisable antispam mechanims

Last edited:
Why has this one been removed, I hope work carries on with custom image captcha (or its put into the core of the latest xf), it is one of the mechanisms that will keep working for a long time ... simple to use, easy to customise and hard for bots to solve

Last edited:
This resource has been removed and is no longer available for download.
Reason: obsolete

Why has this been removed and what does it mean "obsolete"?
We use this very successfully since several years and it is the most successful captcha you can get for XenForo. No more spam contact mails!

Why has this been removed and what does it mean "obsolete"?
We use this very successfully since several years and it is the most successful captcha you can get for XenForo. No more spam contact mails!
These original free ones contained links back to the original owner's site (who is no longer involved with them), and the resource page indicated they'd eventually be deleted.
It still functionally exists as a standalone and as part of the TAC package (see my resources).

Top Bottom