1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Customfields on CSS

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Ombre, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Ombre

Ombre Member

Hello,

I want to know how the recovered {$user.customFields.field_id} a custom, to put in a CSS class field, the field requires a personalized color in hex format.

thank you

Allan likes this.
  2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Hopefully you can learn from this if it's what you're looking for

See the profile background image on the top right
    http://dayzcamp.com/survivors/russ.2/
    Also:

http://dayzcamp.com/survivors/exile.1/

We've edited member_view, found:

Code:
    <div class="mainText secondaryContent">

We added the custom field check:

Code:
    <div class="mainText secondaryContent<xen:if is="{$user.customFields.profilepic}"> {$user.customFields.profilepic}</xen:if>">

Then our css:

Code:
    .primaryUserBlock .dayz1
    {
       background: url(@imagePath/xenforo/profileimages/dayz1.png) no-repeat top right #0D0D0D;
    }
    .primaryUserBlock .dayz2
    {
       background: url(@imagePath/xenforo/profileimages/dayz2.jpg) no-repeat top right #0D0D0D;
    }
    .primaryUserBlock .dayzinfection
    {
       background: url(@imagePath/xenforo/profileimages/dayzinfection.jpg) no-repeat top right #0D0D0D;
    }

Finally the custom fields part:

profile1.jpg

profile2.jpg

So.. this basically adds an extra class to the little container in member_view if they have a custom field selected, and you can style that container differently.

Sorry if it's not what you're looking for... but same concept if I understand correct, or I need coffee

EDIT- I do need coffee, sorry for a color selection field on the profile you'd need an add-on for that, however you could define a pre-set list of colors to add as a class name.

Steve F likes this.
  3. Ombre

Ombre Member

Thank you for these explanations, but I'm looking to change the default color of the font in messages, so I add extra.css the class that replaces the default, and I would like the member in his profile can choose a color, and that it applies in its messages, but I can not put this in place.

PS:
    I just read your ps, no worries, but I'm not ocdeur php, I do not know how made an addon for that, thank you again.