Custom private thread list template?

talk2d

I looking to create a private forum room in my node list and will like to make the thread list page different from the normal view of the others which are not private...

is it possible ? if yes how?

do i need to create a separate template and somehow assign it to the private thread list?
e.g. adding a sidebar to only that private thread list
if yes how can i assign?

thanks

yes thank you very much.
Very very helpful.

Do you know how i can work with the style in the private forum i'm placing the condition?

Like changing .discussionList .sectionHeaders color for only that thread list?

There's probably a better way of doing this and I haven't tested it but should work.

Create a new template called new_discussion_list.css and copy the contents of discussion_list.css into the new template and you can make your edits there.

Now in the thread_list template replace;
Code:
<xen:require css="discussion_list.css" />
With;
Code:
<xen:if is="{$forum.node_id} == x">
<xen:require css="new_discussion_list.css" />
<xen:else />
<xen:require css="discussion_list.css" />
</xen:if>

Brilliant idea.

But i have tried it but did not work.

My guess is when i make edit to new_discussion_list.css it overwrites the main discussion_list.css template

if i re-save discussion_list.css as it was before, then again new_discussion_list.css is overwritten again.

I think those css class can work with each other regardless if in a separate css template as long as it has the same css class name in both css template.

e.g. if i have .custom in my example.css and if i have another .custom in example2.css, whenever i save one, it will overwrite the other..

i'm just guessing....

I hope i get this to work somehow...
Thanks

Top Bottom