Currently have a Database Error

J2A

Just seem to have a database error. Seems straight forward and maybe involves clearing the /tmp folder.

Mysql Error code 28, then it follows with an alpha-numeric folder that it cannot write to. I've checked the /tmp folder and it is currently 71% full.

Any suggestions regarding this error?

Mysqli statement execute error : Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_355c_1.MYI' (Errcode: 28) library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214 9 minutes ago Delete
Mysqli statement execute error : Can't create/write to file '/tmp/MY5rVtna' (Errcode: 28) library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214 9 minutes ago Delete
Mysqli statement execute error : Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_355c_0.MYI' (Errcode: 28) library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214 9 minutes ago Delete
Mysqli statement execute error : Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_355c_0.MYI' (Errcode: 28

"Errcode: 28" means the disk or partition is full. In your case it looks like /tmp is full. You need to empty that directory or allocate more space. If you don't have root access to the server then you need to ask your host to do this.

"Errcode: 28" means the disk or partition is full. In your case it looks like /tmp is full. You need to empty that directory or allocate more space. If you don't have root access to the server then you need to ask your host to do this.

Yep, got full root access. They won't do it unless we pay for the ticket.

How large is the partition in total? Could the files it is trying to write be larger than the remaining 29%?

I did install Xenforo Sitemap/Tools, i'm not sure if this is trying to deposit that information.

Do you have space left for your hosting plan or have you reached your limit? Errcode: 28 is 'no space left on device'

^^^

We have plenty of space on the host around 80GB but that folder seems restricted to 1GB. Do you know the SSH commands to clear it (aslong as there is nothing important there) and maybe increase the folder size?

Yep, all seems to be good. I did clear the /tmp folder with Jake's suggestion. How could that folder be increased in size? Might set a CRON job on it aswell. :)

Experiencing the same problem with /tmp folder on my server.
Error code is:
Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_b32_1.MYD' (Errcode: 28) - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Clearing this folder doesn't help. How could I allocate more space? Can't find where I could change it.
Temp files are on main partition and it's more than 3Gb available.
Thanks for help!

Having to empty tmp every 12 hrs now. I'm surprised there's not a definitive answer to this issue anywhere I can find.
Are you on a CentOS or Debian based system?
CentOS already has tmpwatch installed. You just need to fine tune the /etc/cron.daily/tmpwatch to reduce the days from the last accessed delete.

You really need to investigate what is filling up /tmp and see why it is. It should be cleaning up after itself.

Are you on a CentOS or Debian based system?
CentOS already has tmpwatch installed. You just need to fine tune the /etc/cron.daily/tmpwatch to reduce the days from the last accessed delete.

You really need to investigate what is filling up /tmp and see why it is. It should be cleaning up after itself.

There are three huge files (adding up to 129 MB) dated yesterday from the xenforo account in there. Everything else is small. Any ideas?

Top Bottom