******* - Current Thread Viewers [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

borbole

borbole submitted a new resource:

Current Thread Browsers/Viewers - It displays users who are currently viewing/browsing a thread

This mod will show all the current users and/or guests that are viewing/browsing a thread/s during a session.

The is group permission based.

To allow/prevent a group to view the current users and/or guests that are viewing/browsing a thread/s during a session list go to the Usergroups and at the Permissions area below the forum Permissions category you will see a new option all the way to the bottom that says: Can view current thread viewers: Set it accordingly to your likings and save the...

Read more about this resource...

Reactions: DRE
Last edited:
can you merge this with your "who viewed this thread" addon since they are almost one in the same/go hand in hand?

like how this one shows Users Currently Viewing this thread: (total), members, guests

have a line right under that which says "All users that viewed this thread": (count) and then show the popup when you click it with a list of all members that viewed it

can you merge this with your "who viewed this thread" addon since they are almost one in the same/go hand in hand?

like how this one shows Users Currently Viewing this thread: (total), members, guests

have a line right under that which says "All users that viewed this thread": (count) and then show the popup when you click it with a list of all members that viewed it

Personally I think that they are better kept apart. As some people want to use those features separately.

Thanks! I have this function on my vb big board and need it for xf as well. Could you please add the following functions:
  1. Setting to update every X seconds.
  2. Show what users are doing. Example: User1, User2 (replying), User3 (replying)
  3. Option to place the function at the bottom of a thread.
The first two functions really changes the forum experience to much more interactive. This is one of the most appreciated functions on my big board.

Thanks! I have this function on my vb big board and need it for xf as well. Could you please add the following functions:
  1. Setting to update every X seconds.
  2. Show what users are doing. Example: User1, User2 (replying), User3 (replying)
  3. Option to place the function at the bottom of a thread.
The first two functions really changes the forum experience to much more interactive. This is one of the most appreciated functions on my big board.

There is no need for update as it uses the user session. Not sure what you meant by number 2. Where would that be showing? Number 3 is not a problem. It uses the TMS so that can be done with ease. But I plan to add an option so the admin can choose to show it on top or bottom of the thread view.

There is no need for update as it uses the user session.
Please explain. If a userX is shown to browse the thread then will the listing of userX disappear when this user is no longer reading the thread? For example: I open a thread and I see that 3 users are browsing the thread: user1, user2 and user3. 2 minutes later I am still looking at the same thread, but now the following users are browsing: user3, user4, user5. Will this addon display this change?

Not sure what you meant by number 2. Where would that be showing?
This would be shown after the username. Like this: Borbole(replying), Alfa1(Moderating)

Please explain. If a userX is shown to browse the thread then will the listing of userX disappear when this user is no longer reading the thread? For example: I open a thread and I see that 3 users are browsing the thread: user1, user2 and user3. 2 minutes later I am still looking at the same thread, but now the following users are browsing: user3, user4, user5. Will this addon display this change?

Ah I see what you mean by number 2 now. Yes, of course that it will display that change but not instantly like you asked. If you refresh the page to that thread then all users that are not viewing that thread anymore will not show up. That is what I meant by user session. All users and/or guests that are viewing a particular thread/s will be displayed at the current thread viewers list. If they are no longer viewing that thread then they will not show up.

This would be shown after the username. Like this: Borbole(replying), Alfa1(Moderating)

That is outside the scope of the mod. You can see users activity in their profiles.

This mod use an extra table in database ? How much query in thread page ? This is important for me because some mods like this may have performance problems at database side.

Reactions: Cao
This mod use an extra table in database ? How much query in thread page ? This is important for me because some mods like this may have performance problems at database side.

It doesn''t add an extra table. It simply uses the users sessions when they browse the threads. Like the online users block if you will.

And need an option for put below the all posts of thread.

I can modify the mod for you so that it will show below instead.

And, is possibility that show who logged via mobile or desktop ?

So, if user login the forum with a mobile device, then u can put a mobile icon the nick ? I think, it will be perfect ..

P.S: I want to buy this addon and i m waiting this small modify from you :)

It doesn''t add an extra table. It simply uses the users sessions when they browse the threads. Like the online users block if you will.

I can modify the mod for you so that it will show below instead.

I need to do this. How can i?

Thanks.

Also..

Got this in server log today.

Code:
Undefined index: thread_id
4 minutes ago - library/Borbole/ThreadViewing/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom