• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

CSS help wanted for page nodes

Jake - as you nicely helped my CSS issues for the portal - how do I apply the same to a node page created with this add on ?

I can't find the right name to reference in the extra.css

Incase you have slept since helping - the node page is http://www.ippn.co.uk/forum/index.php?pages/Qualifications/ and the styling you helped with is on the home page

Also I must be being dim but the site sidebar doesn't show on the node page

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
See this thread about adding a sidebar to page nodes:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/add-sidebar-to-pages.26353/

For the categoryStrip styling, add this code to EXTRA.css:

Code:
.pagenode_container .categoryStrip
{
	@subHeading
	@categoryStrip
}
Or you can add on to the existing CSS you added before, like so:

Code:
.EWRporta_Portal .categoryStrip,
.pagenode_container .categoryStrip
{
	@subHeading
	@categoryStrip
}
That will enable you to use the categoryStrip class in your page node like you did on your portal.

That will enable you to use the categoryStrip class in your page node like you did on your portal.
Thanks Jake - I'm slowly understanding all this and NEARLY was on the right path

Love your addon - so simple ....

One last question (well for now) should I be coding all the page html in the node Template html box - or somehow calling a template I create in teh template list ?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
You don't need to code any hooks, just create a template, add your HTML to it and then just do an include in the page node HTML field.

I do it this way for my "home" page as there are up to 10 separate sections, which I have created as individual templates.

You don't need to code any hooks, just create a template, add your HTML to it and then just do an include in the page node HTML field.

I do it this way for my "home" page as there are up to 10 separate sections, which I have created as individual templates.
Thanks - its a steep learning curve but one for idiots like me to get to know :)

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
You could embed it as an iframe.

BTW, I split the posts off from the add-on thread as they're not really related to that.