Cricket- The Ashes

Smiggy

So, we gotta' a few Aussies on XenForo and hopefully a few POMs looking forward to this series.

What's your prediction?

Mine is 5-0 to England.

Call me insanely ambitious but whatever! :P

POMS are gonna smash us I feel... a couple of years ago my attitude was vastly different, but with this current new blood team... not enough experience to beat nearly anyone at present.

I feel for Ponting.

I was there at the Cardiff Test last year where the Aussies could've gone 1-0 up. Ricky's ears were spraying fumes!!! I know he wanted to slap Hauritz inside-out. :P

I was hoping for a competetive series but you guys have lost 6 international games on the dot now.

Worrying signs?

Wooohoooooooo!!

Aussies got SMASHED again. It is now their 7th consecutive international defeat. Long, may it continue. :D

I think it's very healthy for the game to not have one team totally dominating like ours did for a long time.

Congrats to the Poms :)

I wouldn't discount the Aussies as the ABs found recently ;)

Think Ponting is well past his used by date in terms of leading the team, but then have thought that for a number of years. Is the Australian decline in direct relation to the rise of bogan mentality in the team? Have a number of Aussie friends who will be supporting the English as they absolutely hate the bogan attitude currently displayed by team. Just hoping for some English sledging so the Aussies will spit the dummy again, classic against India!

As a Kiwi never here nor there ... but lets face facts the Aussies can't get as bad as our team currently is :(

DF, psst the Ashes are coming up over the summer ;)

OOOHhh the Aussies won one, the tide has turned, the English in big trouble .... paraphrasing Aussie journalists here.

English thrashed Australia in Adelaide.

Did you see the look on Ponting's face when he was out FIRST ball? Hahaha.

He isn't sure whether the situation he'll face over the next three Tests is the biggest challenge of his career. He must quickly realise it is because he is fighting for runs, his team and his captaincy. England's innings demolition of Australia in Adelaide has left the hosts chasing two wins to have any chance of regaining the Ashes. In their current form, one success would be a sea-parting achievement.

Ponting has already lost two Ashes series and if he fails for a third time there will be little sympathy from spectators and selectors. There are major fires burning all around him and he is finding it impossible to put any of them out. Selection issues, the heel injury to Simon Katich, bowlers who can't maintain their line, untrustworthy spinners and the most inconsistent No.6 in the game are among the most prominent concerns. Then there is the blazing issue of his lack of runs. He is a great batsman who is struggling for impact in situations he used to control.

Problems for Australia.

Jethro, I admire the NZ team but the way they have been getting tonked by India, I don't see them qualifying even for the second round of the World Cup next year.

Bit of panic creeping into Aussie ranks. Three changes made for the third test over in Perth.

Doherty, North and Bollinger all dropped. Spinner Michael Beer, who? - Steve Smith, and Mitchell Johnson have been called up.

Hopefully the calls for Shane Warne to make a come back are from those who drank too much at the after match function. Warne is one of the reasons for the current bogan mentality amongst the Aussie team that is putting off long term test supporters.

its been said that if warnie is offered captain, he will return.
dont know why the association with bogans? hes the greatest leg-spinner in living memory- no lets be honest- hes the greatest bowler in the history of test cricket. of course he is going to attract fandom.

its been said that if warnie is offered captain, he will return.
dont know why the association with bogans? hes the greatest leg-spinner in living memory- no lets be honest- hes the greatest bowler in the history of test cricket. of course he is going to attract fandom.

Also one of the biggest texters in history. Sorry dislike the man intensely and he brought the whole team into disrepute, not helped by the likes of Brett Lee making a goose of himself. Some of us still hold cricket should be played by gentleman not chavs/bogans/rednecks.

Top Bottom