1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

creating your own Admin Template with 2 sub options

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by tenants, Jun 2, 2012.

1. tenants

tenants Well-Known Member

Hi there, I'm trying to create my own admin template with 2 options (on the same line, as they relate to each other)

1) a select box (greater, lesser, equal)
    2) a spin box (1-x)

I've greated the correct "look", but havent figured out how to make sure the values persist

The "look" is as show here:

look.png

my sub options I've included are here:
    suboptions.png

and the admin template is as follows:

Code:
    <xen:controlunit label="{$preparedOption.title}"
    hint="{$preparedOption.hint}">
        <xen:explain>{xen:raw $preparedOption.explain}</xen:explain>
        <xen:html>
            <xen:select name="{$fieldPrefix}[{$preparedOption.option_id}][operator]"  inputclass="autoSize">
                <xen:option value=">" > &gt; </xen:option>
                <xen:option value="<"> &lt; </xen:option>
                <xen:option value="="> = </xen:option>
            </xen:select>
            -
            <xen:spinbox name="{$fieldPrefix}[{$preparedOption.option_id}][value]" value="{$fieldPrefix}[{$preparedOption.option_id}][value]" inputclass="number" min="0" step="1" />
            <input type="hidden" name="{$listedFieldName}" value="{$preparedOption.option_id}" />
            {xen:raw $editLink}
        </xen:html>
    </xen:controlunit>

It was just a guess, but I thought the Array Sub Options would be used in the template as:
    {$fieldPrefix}[{$preparedOption.option_id}][operator] & {$preparedOption.option_id}][value] and that these would be saved out using
    <input type="hidden" name="{$listedFieldName}" value="{$preparedOption.option_id}" />

I still need to add a selected statement for each of the select (operator) options, but so far just for the spin box the parameter [value] isn't persisting.

What do I need to add / do for these parameters (operator, value) to persist?

Sean Kendle likes this.
  2. tenants

tenants Well-Known Member

ahh, a simple oversight. This is what I needed to use:

<xen:controlunit label="{$preparedOption.title}"
    hint="{$preparedOption.hint}">
    <xen:explain>{xen:raw $preparedOption.explain}</xen:explain>
    <xen:html>
    <xen:select name="{$fieldPrefix}[{$preparedOption.option_id}][operator]" value="{$preparedOption.option_value.operator}" inputclass="autoSize">
    <xen: option value=">" > &gt; </xen: option>
    <xen: option value="<"> &lt; </xen: option>
    <xen: option value="="> = </xen: option>
    </xen:select>
    -
    <xen:spinbox name="{$fieldPrefix}[{$preparedOption.option_id}][condvalue]" value="{$preparedOption.option_value.value}" inputclass="number" min="0" step="1" />
    {xen:raw $editLink}
    </xen:html>
    </xen:controlunit>

Sean Kendle likes this.