1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

creating Privacy Policy

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Ryan Kent, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Ryan Kent

Ryan Kent Well-Known Member

Using my AP-->Options --> Basic Board Info --> I set up a Privacy Policy URL. I mimicked the Terms and Rules URL http://www.terapvp.com/community/help/privacy

The problem is, that's as far as I can get. When I click the Privacy Policy link at the bottom of my forums I get an error because the page doesn't actually exist. How can I set up a message for my users to read?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You need to create a custom page and set the URL accordingly.

Currently the URL you have defined is part of the built in help pages and obviously that page doesn't exist - and it's not a simple matter to add a new help page.

If I was you I would create a new Page node and use that, as it will already be styled exactly like your site with header, footer, breadcrumbs, etc.

The url would be something like www.example.com/community/pages/privacy

You can set the node to be not visible but it will still be accessible by browsing to the URL.

Oracle likes this.
  3. Ryan Kent

that worked perfect thx.

4. fattony69

fattony69 Well-Known Member

Now, I don't understand why this isn't in the help like Terms is. I find both important as one another.

5. Ryan Kent

I agree. Imo it should be part of standard install, be next to help. But hey, at this point with the push to get these out into production and the key pieces mostly in place I'm just happy to have a way to get it this far.