1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Creating a poll with a 10000 month expiration causes a server error

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Wootalyzer, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Wootalyzer

Wootalyzer Active Member

Caught this one in my error log earlier today.

Code:
    Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Out of range value for column 'close_date' at row 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214

2. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

Wouldn't that be a poll that is active for 833 years? I just tested and it works for 600 months which is 50 years and to be honest I don't see a poll needing to be open that long.

It works up to 1132 months which is 94 and a 1/3 years , I could be wrong but I would feel safe to guess that this is not a bug?

3. Wootalyzer

Wootalyzer Active Member

While it's true that a poll shouldn't be open that long, it should probably be either triggering a graceful error message, or getting capped -- not throwing an uncaught exception.

EQnoble likes this.
  4. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

Well true to that...and true to my statement...I was wrong :).

5. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

I've tried to reproduce this locally, but I'm getting quite a different behaviour (which I have fixed anyway) but could you tell me what version of PHP and MySQL your server is running please?

6. Wootalyzer

Wootalyzer Active Member

php 5.3.8 and mysql 5.1.58

7. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Okay, that's a little unexpected (I was anticipating a PHP 5.2.x answer) but I think my fix will resolve your problem. Please post back in this issue if you can still reproduce it when Beta 4 comes out :)