1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating a news ticker

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Bram, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Bram

Bram Well-Known Member

On our website we use a bridge between wordpress and xenforo. To emphasize on the latest news a bit more we wish to include a small newsticker (rss based) on the top of our pages (under the breadcrumbs).

Anybody got experience how to create one?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. 3c

3c Active Member

I've been using FeedWind widget. Haven't had a problem...

ETA: just hit me that you're talking about using it on XF pages...not sure on that as I'm using it on non-XF part of site to show them latest of what happening on forum...

4. Bram

Bram Well-Known Member

I wish to do it exactly the other way around :D

5. 3c

3c Active Member

Still should work though. I'm using an ad script in the header with no problem so I don't see why a widget script wouldn't also work....

6. Bram

Bram Well-Known Member

Which parts should I use to display it in full width under the breadcrumbs? I had this modification in the sidebar as suggested but its not what i am looking for. Just want a single line ticker :)

7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Bram likes this.
  8. Bram

Bram Well-Known Member

XF should build you a statue for your insta-support replies Brogan. Thanks a lot! :)