1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Create ç[URL=link] bbcode with target="_blank" ?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by dutchbb, Oct 12, 2015.

1. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

I looked at custom bbcodes but have no idea how to do this?

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

External links will already open in a new tab. Internal links will open in the same window. There's no way of controlling it at the BB code level.

3. dutchbb

Ok, it's just for the moderators forum where they want reported post links to open in a new tab/window for convenience. So I'd need an add-on to accomplish this right?

4. Chris D

Yes - there may well already be one, I'm not 100% sure.

Of course the good old Ctrl or Cmd + Click or Right click and "Open in New Tab" works too :)

5. dutchbb

That's what I just said to them. Wait, can't I change the bbcode into html since this is a phrase?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  6. Chris D

Probably worth noting at this point, if you used the Report Center, the "Go To Content" button always opens in a new tab.

7. dutchbb

I know, I tried it, none of them could get used to it. After over a decade people really dislike change...

8. Chris D

Guess you can't win :)

FWIW, I have heard of people struggling to adjust to the Report Centre, but as I understand it, those that stick with it, eventually end up preferring it over the report to forum method.