[OzzModz] Country Registration Ban

[OzzModz] Country Registration Ban 2.2.0 Beta 1

No permission to download
In the Setup.php file...

Change line 44 from this:
Code:
$dataDir = FILE::canonicalizePath(\XF::app()->config('externalDataPath') . '/countryban');
To this:
Code:
$dataDir = FILE::canonicalizePath(\XF::app()->config('externalDataPath') . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'countryban');
Change line 51 from this:
Code:
$cookiefile = $dataDir . '/cloudflare_cookie.txt';
To this:
Code:
$cookiefile = $dataDir . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'cloudflare_cookie.txt';

That should fix the problem.

EDIT: The same changes need to be made in the Snog\CountryBan\Cron\Maxmind.php file.

This addon may actually stop working till I can update it,

Starting December 30, 2019, we will be requiring users of our GeoLite2 databases to register for a MaxMind account and obtain a license key in order to download GeoLite2 databases.

Thanks to the GDPR and CCPA!!!

Addon no longer works due to GDPR and CCPA! It would require a significant rewrite.

For those interested:

The update of the MaxMind database is controlled by a cron, “ Updates MaxMind database for the Country registration ban add-on”

Disabling that should ensure the addon continues to work as is in its current state.

ozzy47 updated Country Registration Ban with a new update entry:

Country Registration Ban for XenForo 2.1+ Update 2.1.0

Add - Download of database when MaxMind license key is entered or changed in add-on options
Change - Database update cron task will not run without MaxMind license key
Change - Country detection will not run if MaxMind database hasn't been downloaded
Remove - Download of database from setup routine
Fixed - [E_WARNING] file_put_contents(C:\root\Forums\MyForums\data/countryban/cloudflare_cookie.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have a Maxmind license key.

Do you need a separate one for every forum? Or can you reuse that key for more than one forum?

You can use it for more than one, but I think they limit the amount of requests a month. You can make up to 25 free keys.

Doesnt seem to work?
There's a question like this in the registration part:
"Old versions of our GeoIP Update program use a different license key format. Will this key be used for GeoIP Update? Yes No"

So... Yes or No?

Top Bottom