[OzzModz] Country Flags by IP Address

[OzzModz] Country Flags by IP Address 2.2.1 Patch Level 3

No permission to download
You are looking at FACTS!
Exactly. Verifiable facts. And you're not looking at them.

Compare the code. It doesn't take a great coder to see nothing relating to the display of the flags was changed. Anyone can do that, and they will all come to the same conclusion.

Did TH ever get back to you on this?
A truth is not going to become wrong because you call it wrong in all caps.
Your lies aren't suddenly going to become facts, through your repetition.

You attacked Ozzy's credibility not just here but before too. All I want to see is a sincere apology, like a man.

Can you stop this bickery? I am getting alerts every minute, it gets annoying. I either have to unsubscribe from this thread... or you guys go on and discuss your problems in a private message, where nobody is disturbed.

Thank you.

You owe the entire XenForo site an apology for showcasing your lack of brain in such a forward manner. Install the older versions of XenForo and UI.X. and test them with Country Flags 2.1, I dare you. Of course you're not going to, because you know my findings will be confirmed. I merely reported the results of my testing, and that resulted in a fix for everyone's benefit. You did not help in any way.

I merely reported the results of my testing
Which is irrelevant. Because nothing was changed relating to how the flags are displayed. You're simply lying, and continuing to move the goalposts as you have the entire time.

Compare the code.
Can you stop this bickery? I am getting alerts every minute, it gets annoying. I either have to unsubscribe from this thread... or you guys go on and discuss your problems in a private message, where nobody is disturbed.

Thank you.
I'm respecting this request from my friend.

nothing was changed relating to how the flags are displayed

Incorrect. Something was changed, and that something broke compatibility. It has already been established before you came back to have a childish blame party here.

I'm respecting this request from my friend.

You're not respecting anyone, because if you did, you would shut the hell up instead of trying to put in the last word.

Okay, I have had enough of this nonsense.

Facts:
1) JackieChun had a issue, can't explain why, but he did.
2) The addon did not change and break compatibility, the style did.

Of what I changed, this was one of the two things that caused JackieChun issues.
In version 2.0.0 of this addon released January of 2018, one of the template modifications looked for this, <section itemscope itemtype="https://schema.org/Person" class="message-user"> Guess what? Version 2.1.0 looked for this, <section itemscope itemtype="https://schema.org/Person" class="message-user"> Same thing, nothing changed!

The code in the TH template at some point changed, as this is what is in there, <section itemscope itemtype="https://schema.org/Person" class="message-user {{ !$__globals.uix_postbitCollapsed ? 'userExtra--expand' : ''}}">

Notice, it is not what is in the default style, nor any other style I have come across yet. So that said, the style was the cause of the conflict, I just refined the addon to hopefully alleivate any further issues.

@ozzy47 When two third-party software products (like a style and an add-on) are in conflict, neither of them usually have a responsibility not to break the other. You only owe a responsibility to XenForo's core because that's what you're writing your add-on for. So when I say that Country Code 2.1 "broke" compatibility, perhaps that caused the negative and defensive reactions, but the reality is that "break" just means "the point at which the two stopped working with each other." It shouldn't be offensive because there's no blame implied.

Having said that, there's not point in denying that "the point at which the two stopped working with each other" was the release of Country Flags 2.1. This may sound like beating a dead horse, but do we really want to deny the truth to each other, especially the truth that's verifiable by experiment (i.e. the best kind of truth)? Who does that help? It's factually provable that if every user out there decides to install those older versions of UI.X with older versions of Country Flags, it will work. As soon as they upgrade to Country Flags 2.1, it will stop working.

You said yourself that "you don't know why" it was an issue. Neither do I, because I didn't write the code. I simply reported the issue and additionally reported at which version the two were no longer compatible. But my results can be 100% replicated and I stand by them.

I installed this add-on. It looks good and have a lot of options for where the little flag can be placed.

However, when I used VPN to test it, I found the flag only shows the user's current country, but not the country flag when the post was created. e.g. When I posted it used a VPN from France, it shows me a French flag. Then I switched to the USA connection, all flags changed to the flag of the US.

Every post got the IP address recorded when it's created, why can't we use that IP for showing the flag? Or at least an option is desirable.

I'm not sure if it's a bug: the "Do not show flag" option seems not working. Flags still show in the forums selected.

Is @JackieChun taken care of with this latest update?

10_3_6_1_.gif

It looks good and have a lot of options for where the little flag can be placed.
You are lucky, but I have not managed to get the flags displayed and nobody wants to help. 😢
There is time to throw dirty rags, but no help...

I would need an admin accept try and debug it on your site
My site is in Russian, orientation may be difficult. First, I'll attach screenshots of my settings, maybe they will help in solving the problem:
Settings
скрин1127.webp скрин1128.webp
Permissions (admin only, for test)
1585651497602.webp
MaxMind key - Yes
1585651702869.webp
What's my mistake?

ps: Login to the admin panel is ready to provide in the PM, if this does not help.

Settings look correct. Can you verify the the folder data/countryflags/flags exists and has three - four files in it, also verify that the folder data/countryflags has three files in it

Last edited:
Top Bottom