[OzzModz] Country Flags by IP Address

[OzzModz] Country Flags by IP Address 2.2.1 Patch Level 3

No permission to download
FYI... I don't know where that code came from. But it was never in any version I released before Ozzy took over the add-ons. At least not in any version I have a record of.

just a question, I have not gotten a license key from maxmind and I use the add on and it works fine. Do I I need to get a license and update this add on?currently using version 2.0.9

Yes, otherwise the IP database becomes inaccurate and will report users in wrong locations. Also you should update the DB every thirty days in order to comply with their TOS.

Yes, otherwise the IP database becomes inaccurate and will report users in wrong locations. Also you should update the DB every thirty days in order to comply with their TOS.
The addon can update the db already, does it do that only when you enter the licence key and you have to install geoip update from github to keep it updated or is there a simpler way with the addon?

The addon in its current state will only update the DB of you entered a valid key in the settings. The old way of getting the updated DB no longer works in any older version.

Simplest way to keep the DB updated is enter a valid key in the addon settings.

The addon in its current state will only update the DB of you entered a valid key in the settings. The old way of getting the updated DB no longer works in any older version.

Simplest way to keep the DB updated is enter a valid key in the addon settings.
I already upgraded the addon to the latest version, got the valid key and entered it in the addon settings a few days ago. So then when i want to update the DB after 30 days to comply with the ToS i can just re-enter the same key in the settings and it will update the DB?

I already upgraded the addon to the latest version, got the valid key and entered it in the addon settings a few days ago. So then when i want to update the DB after 30 days to comply with the ToS i can just re-enter the same key in the settings and it will update the DB?
It happens automatically by a cron task. You don't need to do anything.

There's really no difference between the new version of this add-on and the old version, except that you have to apply for a MaxMind account of your own, get the API key, and enter it into the add-on. The add-on does the rest, just like the old one did, once this step is completed. It's a "do once and forget" type of thing.

Getting an API key is a minor and simple thing to do, and is completed within just a couple of minutes.

If everything is still the same, then the "Show over avatar" position is the only one that will work properly with the portrait mobile display on the default XF style.

The flag would be in the lower right corner of the avatar in landscape mode..
land.png

And in the lower left in portrait like this..
mobile.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom