[OzzModz] Country Flags by IP Address

[OzzModz] Country Flags by IP Address 2.2.1 Patch Level 3

No permission to download
You can get one for free,

am i missing something here because i don't actually see a link anywhere on the site to register for the account that you need to login with.

Will this key be used for GeoIP Update Do i tick yes?
am i missing something here because i don't actually see a link anywhere on the site to register for the account that you need to login with.

You don't need to purchase anything. Maxmind was a free service and still is. They are trying to be compliant with various privacy laws like the GDPR and the CCPA, so they are now requiring that you register for an API.

https://blog.maxmind.com/2019/12/18/significant-changes-to-accessing-and-using-geolite2-databases/

The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) mandates that businesses honor valid “Do Not Sell” requests from California residents. In this context, complying with a valid request involves MaxMind removing IP addresses from the GeoLite2 data and communicating to GeoLite2 users that the IP addresses in question should (immediately) not be utilized for uses covered under the CCPA. We have been advised that any download, including one without charge, constitutes a sale. Serving GeoLite2 database downloads on a public page simply does not allow us to communicate and honor valid “Do Not Sell” requests we receive from individuals.

The solution we have chosen is to introduce a new end-user license agreement containing the relevant data processing provisions that both we, as the business providing data, and you, as the third party user of the data, need to comply with applicable data privacy regulations. Additionally, by requiring a MaxMind account and contact information from you, we will be able to communicate all valid “Do Not Sell” requests to you as we receive them.

With this approach, we can continue to offer GeoLite2 databases, without charge, while remaining responsible stewards of data that improves the experience of countless users across the internet.

@ozzy47

It was nice of you to update this add-on -- I am sure that a lot of folks are very happy. Kudos, man.

One question -- if one already had your "older" version of the add-on installed, and it was working just fine as you said it would -- is there a need/imperative to update it with this new version that requires the MaxMind key? I'm just curious as to whether the old one will keep working indefinitely.

Yes, it should be updated, the old DB gets outdated as IP's are reassigned. Also MaxMind requires that old databases are destroyed after 30 days.

I get the following error message when I want to install it.

PHP:
Server-Fehlerprotokoll
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Cannot redeclare Snog\Flags\Listener::Visitor() src/addons/Snog/Flags/Listener.php:185
Generiert von: webmaster 17 Februar 2020 um 05:18
Stack-Trace
#0 [internal function]: XF::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Status der Anfrage
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(24) "/admin.php?tools/run-job"
  ["referrer"] => string(67) "https://www./admin.php?tools/run-job"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["tools/run-job"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["_xfRedirect"] => string(10) "/admin.php"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["only_ids"] => string(0) ""
  }
}

my system

mysystem.webp

I get the following error message when I want to install it.

PHP:
Server-Fehlerprotokoll
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Cannot redeclare Snog\Flags\Listener::Visitor() src/addons/Snog/Flags/Listener.php:185
Generiert von: webmaster 17 Februar 2020 um 05:18
Stack-Trace
#0 [internal function]: XF::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Status der Anfrage
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(24) "/admin.php?tools/run-job"
  ["referrer"] => string(67) "https://www./admin.php?tools/run-job"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["tools/run-job"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["_xfRedirect"] => string(10) "/admin.php"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["only_ids"] => string(0) ""
  }
}

my system

View attachment 218572

There is no line 185 in the listener.php file for the new version, it seems to be all of the files weren't uploaded properly. Please manually upload all the files in the download package and ensure they overwrite the existing ones.

BTW, you should ensure all the files from the new version are uploaded to the server and have overwritten the old files.

Top Bottom