[OzzModz] Country Flags by IP Address

[OzzModz] Country Flags by IP Address 2.2.1 Patch Level 3

No permission to download
I have experienced issues with logging into my forum because there is something up with the addon, see attached (link to previous thread)

I would recommend that you disable all addons now.
Enable all required addons except the add-on causing the errors.

This is until you get a solution from the add-on developer.

To disable all add-ons:
Edit your src/config.php file and add $config['enableListeners'] = false; That will disable all addons

I have not seen this before. Is this a fresh install or has this been running for awhile?

Can you post the stack trace and request state for the error? CP it here, don’t screenshot it. Thanks.

I'm going to jump in here. ;)

The file definitely exists on your system because the call to the reader does not take place if it doesn't exist. So if you're getting an error about the MaxMind database either the GeoLite2-Country.mmdb file is corrupted or if you recently upgraded your installation it could be very old and has never been updated for some reason.

You should be able to log into your admin account at yoursite.com/admin.php. Be sure the add-on is enabled and manually run the 'Update MaxMind GeoIP database file' cron task in Tools->Cron entries. Then see if the problems continue.

Hello,

I note some member's I.D.'s do not show up a Flag, instead 'R' is in its place - please see the attached picture.

How come the Flags do not appear next to some i.d.'s? And what is 'R'?

Regards

Attachments

• r.webp
    r.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 7
Hello,

I note some member's I.D.'s do not show up a Flag, instead 'R' is in its place - please see the attached picture.

How come the Flags do not appear next to some i.d.'s? And what is 'R'?

Regards
Ozzy is not available and I'll field as many questions as I can for now...

The Reserved (R) flag comes up when the IP address for the user reports a reserved address outside of these IP's which return the Internal (i) flag:
10.x.x.x
172.16.x.x
192.168.x.x

The most common causes of that are either your server is returning it's own 127.0.0.x address as the user's IP address, or the user's IP address is being spoofed. You would need to establish which of those is happening (your host might be able to help), it's not something that can be corrected in the flags add-on.

So far as flags not appearing for some users, they most likely have not logged in since you installed the add-on. A user must log in at least once after the add-on is installed for their flag to appear.

The Reserved (R) flag comes up when the IP address for the user reports a reserved address outside of these IP's which return the Internal (i) flag:
10.x.x.x
172.16.x.x
192.168.x.x

The most common causes of that are either your server is returning it's own 127.0.0.x address as the user's IP address, or the user's IP address is being spoofed. You would need to establish which of those is happening (your host might be able to help), it's not something that can be corrected in the flags add-on.

So far as flags not appearing for some users, they most likely have not logged in since you installed the add-on. A user must log in at least once after the add-on is installed for their flag to appear.

Thank you. Also, I have noted that when a flag does appear sometimes afterwards it disappears? This is for members who have logged in several times?

What would be the cause of this?

Regards

10.x.x.x
172.16.x.x
192.168.x.x

Where can I get the full documentation for this add-on? The Host wants to check it.

Regards

Thank you. Also, I have noted that when a flag does appear sometimes afterwards it disappears? This is for members who have logged in several times?

What would be the cause of this?

Regards
There is nothing in the add-on that removes a flag. So, if you have the "Permit members to hide flags" option checked in the add-on options, most likely the user has opted for nobody to view their flag and the user you're using to look at the site is not an admin. OR the user you're using to view the site does not have permission to view flags.
Where can I get the full documentation for this add-on? The Host wants to check it.

Regards
There is no documentation for the add-on. All options are fully commented with what they do.

There is nothing in the add-on that removes a flag. So, if you have the "Permit members to hide flags" option checked in the add-on options, most likely the user has opted for nobody to view their flag and the user you're using to look at the site is not an admin.

There is no documentation for the add-on. All options are fully commented with what they do.

Can only an administrator or a user with admin credentials can see these flags? Normal members cannot view these flags of members who choose to show them?

There is nothing in the add-on that removes a flag. So, if you have the "Permit members to hide flags" option checked in the add-on options, most likely the user has opted for nobody to view their flag and the user you're using to look at the site is not an admin. OR the user you're using to view the site does not have permission to view flags.

I get you. Thank U

Can only an administrator or a user with admin credentials can see these flags? Normal members cannot view these flags of members who choose to show them?
If they've chosen to not show their flag, then yes only admins can view the flags.

flagadmin.webp

We have created new sprites for the country flags but uploading them and rebuilding the add-on doesn't display the new graphics. Also, file health checks result in "unexpected content" messages.

How can we resolve these issues?

We have created new sprites for the country flags but uploading them and rebuilding the add-on doesn't display the new graphics. Also, file health checks result in "unexpected content" messages.

How can we resolve these issues?
To solve the unexpected content messages, upload the original add-on to your server.

To have your new sprites show up, upload your sprites to the data/countryflags/flags folder on your server, not the add-on folder.

Care to share? :)
Thanks!

I would but the graphics didn’t turn out as nicely as expected (due to resizing). I guess selecting one of the free flagsets available and rewriting the sprite stylesheet would be a better solution. Any volunteers? :)

Reactions: rdn
My users like the add-on but I've had complaints that it's a little big-brother-ish when it follows users on vacation, biz trips, etc. Would it be a difficult modification to have it use the ip used at registration, rather than the user's last login?

In other words, could I substitute a query to grab the registration IP from xf_ip instead of the $_SERVER['HTTP_CLIENT_IP'] global?

Top Bottom