[OzzModz] Country Flags by IP Address

[OzzModz] Country Flags by IP Address 2.2.1 Patch Level 3

No permission to download
Yes. Tried both and only happens with xenforo's default avatar. No problems when user has uploaded their own.
Thanks, I've worked out a fix for this. At least it works on my iPad.

I'll probably hold the release of this for a little while. Possibly until some time next week. There's a couple of things I want to double check.

After updating to 2.0.4 I can no longer see flags under username. I can view them over avatar or on threadlist or profile

All fine now, seems that there was a There are manual rebuild jobs awaiting completion. notice waiting for me that I didn't nsee. After running that all is well.

My members are basically liking this, but many are asking if they can have England, Scotland, N.Ireland and Wales flags instead of the one GB Union Jack flag?

My members are basically liking this, but many are asking if they can have England, Scotland, N.Ireland and Wales flags instead of the one GB Union Jack flag?
No they can't. The country returned from the MaxMind database is "UK". It doesn't return the actual country for most of the UK.

might be a silly request, but some of my users asked for custom flags like pirate flags, etc :P

not sure how that would fit into this addon, but i figured at least i'd post and get your thoughts.

might be a silly request, but some of my users asked for custom flags like pirate flags, etc :p

not sure how that would fit into this addon, but i figured at least i'd post and get your thoughts.
It wouldn't fit into this add-on at all. The flag assigned to a user is established by the data in the MaxMind IP/country database. So, a custom flag just wouldn't work without a good amount of re-writing.

Hi Snog, thank you so much for updating the add-on for XenForo 2.0!

Please add the option of showing the flag on the Spam Cleaner screen. This screen is new for XenForo 2.

u2NJKqs.png

Thanks!

UPDATE: It appears to be having trouble downloading the GeoLite2 database. I'll try again later.

I received the following error on install:

Server error log

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method Snog\Flags\Setup::exception() src/addons/Snog/Flags/Setup.php:85
Generated by: admin Aug 25, 2018 at 2:13 PM

Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: XF::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
["url"] => string(45) "/xenforo/admin.php?add-ons/Snog-Flags/install"
["referrer"] => string(69) "https://<path>/xenforo/admin.php?add-ons/Snog-Flags/install"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["add-ons/Snog-Flags/install"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(7) {
["_xfProcessing"] => string(1) "1"
["continue"] => string(1) "1"
["confirm"] => string(1) "1"
["params"] => string(10) "{"step":4}"
["count"] => string(1) "4"
["finished"] => string(1) "0"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

Last edited:
Not sure what is wrong. Assistance is appreciated.
Your server is unable to connect to the MaxMind site to download the database.

Make sure your server either has cURL installed or allows allow_url_fopen. Also, if this is a test server be sure it has access to the internet so it can connect to MaxMind.

Since it's Sunday and I'm nowhere near a computer where I can correct the error not being properly thrown, I'll correct that tomorrow.

Looked through the info. All installed fine, seems to be working. However, I can only see my own flag, and I am forum admin. Is there a toggle to be able to see all member flags?

Attachments

• Screenshot at Aug 26 09-29-35.webp
    Screenshot at Aug 26 09-29-35.webp
    39 KB · Views: 9
Top Bottom