Ha! Some screenies for you:

Attachments

• 2F5ED9A9-BAF2-4C26-B037-ECBC18BD74FB.webp
    2F5ED9A9-BAF2-4C26-B037-ECBC18BD74FB.webp
    49.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 55B64533-799E-4C18-8BAD-E3DEDEB07F3E.webp
    55B64533-799E-4C18-8BAD-E3DEDEB07F3E.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 23
Looks right to me. The position will vary slightly depending on the parent container, but they will always be somewhere in that vicinity (one of those two positions).

Question, say someone uses a proxy to register and then later use their own IP to login, will the flag update?

After the cron job runs.
There is no cron job for user flags. The flag updates with each visit to the site. So the moment a user's IP changes, their flag will change if the IP is from another country.

The cron job only updates the MaxMind database, not the flags themselves.

There is no cron job for user flags. The flag updates with each visit to the site. So the moment a user's IP changes, their flag will change if the IP is from another country.

The cron job only updates the MaxMind database, not the flags themselves.

Ahhh, that is something I did not know, thanks for the clarification.

How did this person change their IP? Xenforo says their IP is in the UK. This person listed their location as same but their message is from Russia. They just registered and posted in the last hour. EDIT: Xenforo only lists one IP.
xenforo_flags.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
How did this person change their IP? Xenforo says their IP is in the UK. This person listed their location as same but their message is from Russia. They just registered and posted in the last hour. EDIT: Xenforo only lists one IP.
View attachment 171162
Quite simply, they are using a proxy that XenForo does not pick up. Or, the IP address has changed who owns it and it hasn't been changed in the MaxMind database yet.

The second one would be my guess. If you look at the What's My IP Address site, the owner is shown as Dynamia Corp. And Dynamia Corp. is a Russian company. However, RIPE shows it as being from Origin Broadband in England.

Last edited:
Quite simply, they are using a proxy that XenForo does not pick up. Or, the IP address has changed who owns it and it hasn't been changed in the MaxMind database yet.

The second one would be my guess. If you look at the What's My IP Address site, the owner is shown as Dynamia Corp. And Dynamia Corp. is a Russian company. However, RIPE shows it as being from Origin Broadband in England.
I love this addon. Their post was riduculous. I deleted it and their account yet they registered again.

I'm having some issues with the flags being incorrect for many members after installing your Raffles add on. If I refresh the page, it will fix their flags often times, but I seem to get somewhat random flags for seemingly random members with regularity now on my site. I'll even get a different flag in the user name pop-up than I'll get on the thread page. Here's a screen shot of that issue below. I should also note that this is definitely not a VPN issue. Most members on my site wouldn't even know what that is.

Screenshot_20180319-180605.webp

I'm having some issues with the flags being incorrect for many members after installing your Raffles add on. If I refresh the page, it will fix their flags often times, but I seem to get somewhat random flags for seemingly random members with regularity now on my site. I'll even get a different flag in the user name pop-up than I'll get on the thread page. Here's a screen shot of that issue below. I should also note that this is definitely not a VPN issue. Most members on my site wouldn't even know what that is.

View attachment 171448
The Raffles add-on has nothing to do with flags. It doesn't change any information contained in any other databases except it's own.

If you are getting random flags for users, then you need to look at other add-ons you have installed. There have been some add-ons that improperly call a user's information from the current visitor setup routine. So, if you have any other add-ons that modify or display user info, that would be the place to start. The one I know for sure that causes this is [XenConcept] Mini Avatar with Tag version 2.0.0.. That problem was fixed in version 2.0.1 of that add-on, but I have not tested it.

The Raffles add-on has nothing to do with flags. It doesn't change any information contained in any other databases except it's own.

If you are getting random flags for users, then you need to look at other add-ons you have installed. There have been some add-ons that improperly call a user's information from the current visitor setup routine. So, if you have any other add-ons that modify or display user info, that would be the place to start. The one I know for sure that causes this is [XenConcept] Mini Avatar with Tag version 2.0.0.. That problem was fixed in version 2.0.1 of that add-on, but I have not tested it.

Thank you. The only other add-on I've installed since then is the XenCentral Feedback System 2.0.0.5. That must be the one causing the issue then. I'll reach out to them. Thanks

Thank you. The only other add-on I've installed since then is the XenCentral Feedback System 2.0.0.5. That must be the one causing the issue then. I'll reach out to them. Thanks
The easy way to find out is to disable that add-on and then see if the flags return to normal.

If they don't, is your server running any kind of protection system (IE: OVH's SSL portal)? If yes, turn on the 'This site is using SiteLock' option in the add-on options. The SSL portal is a proxy in itself and messes up proxy detection in the add-on.

Top Bottom