1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could somebody help me make a portal and a new navbar?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by jor956, May 26, 2011.

1. jor956

jor956 Active Member

I want to create my own portal and navbar, sort of like this one, and no I don't want to use Xenporta, I want help with making my own, could somebody please help? Thanks.

2. jor956

jor956 Active Member

Anyone?

3. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

That's a pretty big undertaking.

4. jor956

jor956 Active Member

Exactly, I just need to know how to make the navbar right now.

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

So are you asking for some basic styling help or a completely new navbar in the way it functions and looks?

6. jor956

jor956 Active Member

Totally new one

7. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Well, most people are at work "right now", and this is a huge undertaking, so you probably should expect to have to pay for it.

8. jor956

jor956 Active Member

I want to make my own.. I just asked, how would I start that, all I need is how to start it

9. James

James Well-Known Member

To start you'd need a new route prefix for the portal, you'd need to override the home page and create all of your portal modules.

10. jor956

jor956 Active Member

The portal modules wouldn't be too hard; it's just getting it as the homepage I don't understand..

11. James

James Well-Known Member

You could use the .htaccess to set the DirectoryIndex as index.php?portal/ (or whatever you choose as your portal route prefix)

12. jor956

jor956 Active Member

Is there a manual way to make a page? Or would I have to do it in the node manager?

13. James

James Well-Known Member

You can create XenForo pages quickly via the node manager.

You can create custom pages using a couple of the tutorials around.

14. jor956

jor956 Active Member

Could you give me a link to one?

15. jor956

jor956 Active Member

OK, I give up, haha.
    Can somebody give me some pricing on making me a custom portal and navbar with links?

16. James

James Well-Known Member